Tax School Leaver Programme - Gatwick
BDO. Because relationships matter.
BDO LLP is one of the UK’s largest accountancy and business advisory firms providing services to ambitious businesses within the UK and worldwide. With more than 3,500 talented people, generating close to £400m in UK revenues, we bring real leadership across the mid-market. We are a member of BDO International, the world’s fifth largest global accountancy network, which has more than 1,260 offices worldwide, spread across 147 countries. We are a profitable, dynamic and forward-looking firm with a reputation for quality. Our ambition is to be the leader for exceptional client service.
At BDO you can be yourself - we value you as an individual and want you to realize your aspirations. You have a voice and your opinion counts. We give you the challenge and support you need and you are able to shape your own career according to your strengths, skills and personality. Working at BDO enhances your professional development at all stages of your career. Few firms offer the same breadth and quality of work, responsibility and experience. We recognize and reward your high performance and you have the opportunity to excel, progress and share in our success. We are clear on what we expect from you and what you can expect in return.
Being at BDO is personally as well as professionally fulfilling. Relationships matter, and we have a friendly and inclusive culture built around our core values of honesty and integrity; empowerment and personal responsibility; mutual support and respect; and professional and personal client relationships.
This role will provide Tax services for a variety of clients. You will be part of the Tax team, ensuring that all of their deliverables are completed on time and within budget for their Senior and Manager. You will be self-motivated, able to work to tight deadlines, have excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills together with an ability and interest in understanding their clients’ business.
Trainees joining us on the School Leaver Programme will spend 2 years working in the business and during that time will study towards the CFAB qualification and the Higher National Apprenticeship in Accountancy (HNA). Following the successful completion of CFAB and the HNA scheme, you will continue on to study towards the CTA over the next 3 years.
Business Area Overview
• Assist the Seniors and Managers as part of a wider team to service their clients
• Ensure client files have all relevant documentation on the appropriate section
• Carry out ad hoc requirements as may be reasonably required by the line manager
• Take responsibility for all client matters as directed by the senior and manager
• Prepare client tax returns required by the Senior and Manager
• Active adherence to budget and time pressures, bringing matters to the attention of the senior or manager
• Preparation of engagement letters and client acceptance documentation
• Ensure professional standards are met
Communication and representation:
• Must demonstrate strong team playing skills in all client and internal management dealings
• Develop professional relationships with clients and within the firm
• Provide an efficient and pro active service to clients and their internal management to ensure that their needs are fully met
• Undertake any training or development co-ordinated by the Tax team
• Willing and open to take on tasks and challenges provided by their manager
In line with our 2017 Trainee Programme entry requirements for our School Leaver candidates must have, or be on course for the following grades (or international equivalent):
- 3 A levels at grades A*- C, excluding General Studies and Extended Projects
- A* - C at GCSE in Maths & English Language