United Trust Bank is an entrepreneurial and pragmatic specialist lender which is driven to understand its customers’ needs and provide competitive products backed with excellent service.
With dedicated divisions providing asset finance, bridging finance, development finance, professional loans, specialist mortgages and structured finance, our in-depth knowledge combined with commercial awareness, makes us the lender of choice for finance brokers, developers and individuals seeking a high quality, bespoke service.
We are seeking an Internal Auditor to provide the Board (via the Audit Committee) and Management with independent assurance of the effectiveness of all risk systems and controls.
- Assist with the delivery of the annual audit programme under the supervision of the Internal Audit Manager and Head of Internal Audit. Areas audited include all lending divisions as well as corporate functions.
- Identify risk areas within process(es) under review.
- Conduct audit testing as required.
- Identify control weaknesses and present them to relevant staff and Management.
- Agree on management actions.
- Draft audit findings and report for review by Internal Audit Manager / Head of Internal Audit.
- Present audit findings to Management at closing meeting.
- Log audit findings on an audit tracker to follow-up remedial action.
- Maintain all necessary working papers to support audit findings.
- Maintain awareness of external regulations generated by the FCA/PRA, and other professional bodies, including matters of governance and best practice.
- Perform audit work in line with CIIA guidelines.
- Liaise with the External Auditors as required.
Key Measures and Indicators of success
- Relevance of audit findings
- Ability to present findings to Audit Manager, Head of Internal Audit and Management
- Clarity of audit reports
- Auditees’ feedback
Skills and Competencies
- Two years’ experience working as an Internal Auditor or External Auditor.
- A relevant professional qualification (MIAA, PIIA, ACCA, ACA, CIMA) is desirable but not essential.
- Competent IT (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and presentation skills and an ability to communicate sensitively but effectively.
- Ability to work with figures, and translate information into reports.
- Ability to communicate accurately, both verbally and in writing.
- Time management skills with the ability to work under pressure to tight timescales whilst paying attention to detail.
- The Internal Auditor will have access to all the Bank’s records and information, much of it of a confidential nature and appropriate professionalism and discretion will need to be exercised.
- The Internal Auditor will have the ability to remain independent at all times