Trainee Chartered Accountant (Graduate)
Each year we recruit graduates to undertake a three year training contract in order to become a Chartered Accountant. Training is undertaken with a leading training provider which consists of periods of block release to attend courses with exams being spread over the three year period.
You will need to be prepared to study in your own time too to make sure that you get the most from your studies and achieve exam success.
We are looking for outstanding individuals who have the determination and commitment to achieve their ACA qualification whilst making a major contribution to our firm.
We will aim to ensure that you are given opportunities to develop a broad range of accountancy and management skills if you can meet the following criteria:
- A minimum of a 2:1 degree, any discipline considered, however preference would be given to those with relevant degrees.
- A minimum of 300 UCAS points.
- A least 3 A Levels (preferably including Business Studies, Economics or Mathematics).
The qualities we are looking for in our trainees are:
- Self confidence
- The ability to work on your own initiative or as part of a team
- Professional impact
- Enthusiasm and interest in business and accountancy
- Determination to succeed
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective time and task management skills
- Prepared to work hard both practically and academically
- Self driven and highly motivated
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to deal with confidential information in a professional manner
Our student training programme ensures that our trainees are kept up to date with current processes and technical knowledge. We support them with regular reviews and feedback to help assist them in achieving their maximum potential.
We support our students by providing them with:
1) Tuition and revision courses with a leading training provider
2) Internal student courses
3) On the job training
4) Regular reviews and mentoring
5) Career coaching
Our recruitment process consists of 4 stages:
- CV/Application sift
- Completion of tests – Numerical and Verbal
- Assessment Centre which consists of an Interview, Group Exercise, In-tray exercise and opportunity to meet with current students
- Second interview (including presentation)