Graduate Trainee Accountant
Trainee Accountant based in Wimbledon SW19
About the Firm
WSM Partners LLP was established in 1983 and has grown to become a young and ambitious top 100 UK firm. We are looking for good people who are keen to share our vision.
We provide an environment where creative, people-orientated professionals can work and thrive without the bureaucratic restraints inherent in a very large firm. At present we have six partners, seven client directors and a team of over fifty staff.
We provide our services through three client focussed teams: Private Clients, mostly personal tax for individuals; Business Advisory services for owner managed and corporate businesses; and Insolvency, offering debt recovery services to businesses, whether companies, partnerships or sole proprietors.
Subject to passing your short probationary period, you will be given a three-year training agreement with the ICAEW during which time you will receive a broad range of practical experience while benefitting from a full study package leading to the ACA qualification.
Each trainee is mentored and directors and partners take an active interest in the development of each individual. You will gain rounded training towards your Chartered Accountant qualification in a supportive and welcoming environment.
During your employment you will be expected to develop a good understanding of current accounting standards and practices through course attendance and practical work.
With guidance, you will be expected to plan and organise work assignments, monitoring your own progress to ensure deadlines are met.You will be expected to liaise with clients and their staff early on in the role and you will be expected to communicate with them and with colleagues in a business-like manner.
You can expect to work on clients in a variety of sectors assisting them with such tasks as management accounts and VAT returns to the preparation of statutory accounts and advising on their corporation tax affairs.You can also expect to undertake audit and other assurance work as part of a larger team.
Skills / Qualifications
You will be expected to have a Bachelor degree with a class of 2.1, although this does not need to be in a finance or accountancy discipline. English and maths skills are however vital to the role and you would therefore be expected to have grade B or above at GCSE in both these subjects.
We use IT to some degree in all our assignments and as such you must have strong IT skills, including being proficient in Excel and other Microsoft Office packages.
The ability to fit well into WSM and the corporate department on a personal and professional level is crucial and we would therefore expect candidates to show the following characteristics:
- Team player: You show a willingness and ability to work cooperatively and supportively, developing positive open working relationships.
- Motivated: You set and achieve goals and are determined to overcome challenges you may face.
- Organised: You must be able to prioritise tasks, plan and use time effectively ensuring tasks are completed to meet deadlines and importantly our clients’ expectations.
- Professional, presentable, personable and articulate: You approach others in a professional manner and are able to work well under pressure showing excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong work ethic: You are reliable, focussed and have an attentive attitude to work.
- Genuine interest in business: You have the ability to observe and understand business systems and processes.
- Flexible: You demonstrate a willingness and ability to adapt to new circumstances, information and challenges.
- Detailed: You have meticulous attention to detail as well as the ability to follow instructions accurately and efficiently.
- Desire to learn: You want to continuously improve and challenge yourself.
- Outgoing: We have high professional standards but we are also a sociable team who enjoy an active social life that comes with working at WSM.
The role is based in Wimbledon but will require visits to the other locations as the job demands.You will be expected to work 37.5 hours each week Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm, with a one-hour lunch break.Our salaries are competitive and are regularly reviewed to ensure they remain that way.
Holiday entitlement is 20 days per annum (plus bank holidays) increasing by one day for every full year worked up to a maximum of 25 days.Other benefits include pension contributions, subsidised gym membership, weekly pilates classes, cycle to work scheme and child care vouchers.
Please note in all instances you must have the right to work in the UK.
Apply for Graduate Trainee Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly