AAT Apprenticeship Opportunities (September 2019 Intake) - Blackpool
|Job Title:||AAT Apprenticeship Opportunities (September 2019 Intake) - Blackpool|
|Contract Type:||School Leavers|
|Contact Name:||Annabeth Limb|
|Job Published:||November 16, 2018 09:22|
MHA Moore and Smalley are a top 50 leading independent advisor of accounting, business advisory and wealth management services. We have offices in Preston, Blackpool, Kendal, Lancaster, Southport and Nottingham with over 300 partners and staff providing trusted advice to clients across the UK. We are also part of the global MHA network of firms, helping clients with international trade matters.
WHY WORK FOR MOORE AND SMALLEY?
• A great place to commence your career in financial planning
• We are a top 50 award winning professional services firm
• We have an excellent reputation for training staff in a friendly and welcoming environment
• Clear career opportunities and progression paths
• Focus on work/life balance – flexible working patterns/locations
• Pay progression linked to role development
• High levels of staff engagement around the firm’s values
• Great social life and involvement in community and charitable initiatives
• Part of a national and international network of firms with global opportunities
• A diverse work family
• Competitive salary, with salary increases based on exam success and performance
• Benefits package including: pension scheme, life assurance, flexible benefits (such as options to buy/sell annual leave, cycle to work scheme and dental insurance)
• 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
• Popular staff social club with subsidised events throughout the year
We have an excellent opportunity for a trainee to join our Financial Planning and Wealth Management department. The successful applicant will be sponsored through the CII Diploma/Regulated Diploma in Financial Planning over a three-year period. This will include on-the-job training, exam tuition and practical skills courses.
You will have the opportunity to work in a challenging and stimulating environment where early responsibility is actively encouraged and rewarded. The work is varied and fast paced. If you are a people person and enjoy helping others succeed, you will derive great job satisfaction from a career at MHA Moore and Smalley.
Working as part of a team to deliver first class client service, the key elements of the role include:
• Researching the market for the best financial products and funds to recommend to clients
• Obtaining illustrations and quotations
• Preparing suitability letters and reports
• Liaising on technical issues, both internally and externally
• Keeping up to date with legislative and regulatory issues
• Ensuring that research and reports are compliant with internal processes and legislative requirements
• Dealing with client queries in the absence of the consultant team
To be considered for this position, applicants will need to have:
• A minimum of 5 GCSEs Grade A*- C including Maths and English
• A minimum of 112 UCAS points at A Level, all gained in the same exam year and excluding General Studies, (based on the new 2017 UCAS tariff)
• Excellent communication skills
• A genuine interest in business and finance
The successful candidates will ideally reside within easy commuting distance of the Preston area.
First interviews and testing will be held in December and second interviews will be completed in January 2019.
Successful candidates will commence their roles on Monday 2 September 2019.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
AAT Trainee September 2019 Start (Non-Graduate)
AAT Audit and Accounts Trainee
AAT Audit and Accounts Trainee (September Start)
Work Placement 2019
Competitive + benefits
ACA Graduate 2019
Competitive & benefits