0 - 0
about 2 months ago
Are you looking to build a career with a recognised employer of choice for investing in future talent?
Apprenticeship Programme with AAT Accountancy Qualification will help you achieve your career goals!
If you join our AAT apprenticeship, you’ll be working towards the AAT Level 4 Apprenticeship certification, the equivalent of the first year of university study.
What will you do?
You will join a two-year programme working in one of our teams (Accounts, Audit.. etc) with a combination of on-the-job learning and a programme of training and development.
Our AAT Trainees form part of the Accounts/Advisory team and you will be given the opportunity to gain a strong commercial insight into how organisations work and the challenges they face developing your commercial awareness. As you progress you will be given more responsibility, so that by your second year, for example, you will already be supervising other trainees.
Your duties might include:
- Undertaking planning and preparation of statutory and management accounts from client’s records.
- Assisting and undertaking audits offsite at client premises.
- Assisting with preparation of reports, proposals etc. under the supervision of Assistant Managers, Managers and Partners.
- Preparation of VAT and tax returns for clients as directed by Assistant Managers, Managers and Partners.
- Bookkeeping (using Excel and Sage software)
- Liaising with clients and related third parties on behalf of Assistant Managers, Managers and Partners as directed
- Developing and supervise junior trainees.
Your career with Menzies doesn't just stop once you complete your AAT qualification, you can be given the opportunity to progress onto further studies, such as the 3 year ACA qualification.
We want our trainees to be our next generation of leaders! Everyone is different and we don't pigeon hole our trainees into one area of the business! So if you want to develop your career in a specific route whether that's Consultancy, Forensics, Audit, Tax, Corporate Finance, Business Valuations or Accounts then our trainee programmes can offer you multiple pathways. Ongoing training & development is provided throughout your Menzies career as we are passionate about our people and ensuring they are continuously gaining new skills and expertise.
- Passionate about working with people
- Commercially & strategically minded
- With strong at networking & relationship building
- Interested in developing in the specialised growth area
What qualifications do you need?
- Must have achieved a minimum of 5 GCSE (or equivalent) at grades 5 or higher which must include English language (not literature) and Maths
- Must also have/be predicted to achieve a minimum of A-C or 112 UCAS points from your top three A levels or equivalent (not including general studies).
- STEM subjects such as maths, physics, chemistry, or computer science, or economics etc may be considered as an additional preference.