AAT Apprenticeship - September 2020 Start!
|Job Title:||AAT Apprenticeship - September 2020 Start!|
|Contract Type:||School Leavers|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Job Published:||February 19, 2020 16:09|
Menzies LLP are looking for a talented individual to be our AAT Apprentice in our London office.
Menzies LLP was voted one of the best Trainee Employers to work for in 2015/16, 2016/17, 2017/18 & now 2018/19 (Job Crowd.com) with our award winning training and development programmes for Trainees. We offer a personable, friendly and supportive training environment. All of our Trainees have a mentor & training manager for the duration of the programme and they will get the opportunity to work with a wide range of clients from various industry sectors.
You will be based either in our Accounts department and you will be given the opportunity to gain a strong commercial insight into how organisations work and the challenges they face developing your commercial awareness. As you progress you will be given more responsibility, so that by your second year, for example, you will already be supervising other trainees.
We pay all the costs towards your professional exams including tuition courses, study manuals, textbooks and examination fees for the first sitting. During the Trainee Programme you'll receive paid study leave to attend all the tuition courses, in addition to your annual holiday.
Your career with Menzies doesn't just stop once you complete your AAT qualification, you can be given the opportunity to progress onto further studies, such as the 3 year ACA or ACCA qualification.
We want our trainees to be our next generation of leaders! Everyone is different and we don't pigeon hole our trainees into one area of the business! So if you want to develop your career in a specific route whether that's Consultancy, Forensics, Audit, Tax, Corporate Finance, Business Valuations or Accounts then our trainee programmes can offer you multiple pathways. Ongoing training & development is provided throughout your Menzies career as we are passionate about our people and ensuring they are continuously gaining new skills and expertise.
- Undertaking planning and preparation of statutory and management accounts from client’s records.
- Assisting and undertaking audits offsite at client premises.
- Assisting with preparation of reports, proposals etc. under the supervision of Assistant Managers, Managers and Partners.
- Preparation of VAT and tax returns for clients as directed by Assistant Managers, Managers and Partners.
- Bookkeeping (using Excel and Sage software)
- Liaising with clients and related third parties on behalf of Assistant Managers, Managers and Partners as directed
- Developing and supervise junior trainees.
- Any other ad hoc duties that may be required.
Required Skills & Attributes:
- Current School or College student or a recent school or college leaver
- Minimum 3 A-Level passes at grade A-C and 8 GCSE's including Maths and English, or equivalent.
- Passionate about working with people
- Commercially & strategically minded
- Strong at networking & relationship building
- All candidates will be required to provide evidence of eligibility to work in the UK for the duration of the training contract.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
AAT Trainee under Apprenticeship Programme
Competitive plus training contract
ACA Graduate 2020 SEPTEMBER
Competitive + Benefits
Tax Trainee - September 2020 or January 2021
Trainee Chartered Accountant (ACA) - September 2020 or January 2021
Tax Trainee - Apprentice/School Leaver - September 2020 or January 2021