ACA Audit Trainee/Apprenticeship
|Job Title:||ACA Audit Trainee/Apprenticeship|
|Salary:||23000 - 25000|
|Contact Name:||Katy Cobbold|
|Job Published:||February 04, 2021 12:38|
Job Title: ACA Audit Trainee/Apprenticeship
Location: London, EC1N
Report to: Audit Manager
Close internal working relationships: Audit Team, Associates & Partners
Days/Hours worked: Monday-Friday, 7-hour day, 35-hour week
To apply please go to:
About Wilson Wright LLP:
Wilson Wright has a proud heritage and pure pedigree as a firm of Chartered Accountants since commencing business in 1893. The firm has undergone a number of transformations to become the highly dynamic and highly respected firm it is today.
Central to our core belief is that client relationships and great service are critical to our success and that by promoting a personal, supportive and proactive environment, we can deliver advice of the highest standard.
We act for a diverse range of clients who operate in a multitude of sectors both in the UK and Internationally including, but not limited to, property, sports, entertainment and media.
For more information about some of our clients and to see what sets us apart, please watch our ‘Making it Count’ video https://www.wilsonwright.com/news/making-it-count/
What we value:
We deliver exceptional client service.
We take great personal pride in helping our clients to achieve their goals.
- We are one team, together we make it count.
People are our greatest asset and together we all work as one team.
- We do the Wright thing.
Integrity is central to everything we do. Clients depend on us and trust us to do the right thing
- We all strive to be the best we can be.
We set high standards in everything that we do and hold ourselves accountable for achieving them.
Our successful graduate trainee will gain experience, qualifications and knowledge in many areas including, audit, accountancy and corporation tax.
You will be part of the wider Audit & Accounts team from the moment you start with us and with the right level of support you will be carrying out audits and accounts work independently and as part of a team.
Full study support will be provided and there will be flexibility on start date dependent on the candidate's current situation.
Within your first year we would expect you to be able to:
- Provide support on audit assignments and fulfilling tasks allocated by senior staff and partners
- Understand sales and purchase testing and their direction
- Be able to document procedures and controls around sales and purchases testing
- Undertake stock take
- Understand the concept of audit risk
- Use a PCAS audit programme
- Apply double entry accounting and other basic accounting skills and concepts
- Prepare accounts from cash book analysis
- Apply additional skills such as reconciling control accounts
- Understand VAT and payroll records and deal with issues
- Foreign currency conversion of P&L and BS items
- Understand the different bases for accounting - FRS 105 vs FRS 102 (S1A)
- Prepare quality accounts files
- Prepare basic tax computations
- Understand treatment of non-deductible expenditure
- Review HMRC corporation tax account online to check for payments
Following your first year, the areas you will take responsibility for will be extended in line with your study and progress.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills required
- Strong academics; a 2:1 at Degree level (or equivalent qualification) ideally in a related degree and strong A Level results (or equivalent qualification)
- Ability to take ownership of assigned tasks
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Ability to produce accurate and timely work
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to build relationships
- Actively seeks to enhance own expertise and knowledge
- Demonstrates drive and commitment to self-development
- Professional approach to work and clients i.e. professional appearance, respect for individuals, and ethical conduct
- Adopts a pro-active approach to work
To apply please go to:
In addition to the responsibilities listed above, you will be required to undertake GDPR training in order to fully understand the regulations and ensure all work is carried out in a compliant manner. As part of any recruitment process, the Firm collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The Firm is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations. Wilson Wright is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Top 10 Audit Semi Senior – Part Qualified ACA
25000 - 30000
Top 10 Audit Semi Senior – ACA Certificate Level
25000 - 30000 + ACA Study Support + Benefits
16000 + Study
ACA Graduate 2021 JANUARY
Competitive & benefits