ACA CTA Trainee
|Job Title:||ACA CTA Trainee|
|Contact Name:||Jess Gould|
|Job Published:||July 30, 2019 13:41|
Albert Goodman’s 300 plus people have a shared aim – to be the Firm that contributes most to our clients’ success. As a UK Top 50 Firm of Chartered Accountants, Tax Consultants and Financial Planners, we provide high-quality advice to businesses and individuals locally as well as nationally motivating our people to help businesses and individuals achieve their objectives. As a 2019 Best Companies “Very Good Place to Work”, our people are vital to our continued success.
We are looking for exceptional trainees to join us to complete the ACA / CTA qualification. The ICAEW and the Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT) have developed a joint programme which enables students to fast track and achieve both the ACA and the CTA in three to four years. The programme is a unique and efficient route for students who want to specialise in one of three areas in tax– taxation of major corporates, owner-managed businesses or indirect tax.
Individuals will join us in one of our Audit, Agriculture or Business Services Teams before completing their training and joining our Tax department where you will receive a wide range of taxation work experience and on-the-job training.
We offer excellent support and training that will help you develop the skills you need to succeed as a professional and to progress until you realise your full potential. We provide and fund:
- Technical training with recognised training providers;
- Tuition/Revision Courses;
- Student Registration Fees;
- Annual Student subscriptions;
- Books and materials;
- Exemption/examination entry fees;
- Paid study leave for courses and exams;
- Accommodation if a stay away is required.
Ideally (although not essential), to be successful in this position you will likely have the following experience, skills and attributes:
- Accountancy Practice experience;
- Working towards or already obtained an accountancy or tax qualification;
- Passionate about all areas of accountancy and tax;
- Exceptional academic results;
- Excellent track record of studying / passing examinations;
- Strong organisational skills and IT skills;
- Professional & hard working;
- Driven and enthusiastic;
- Excellent attention to Detail;
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team;
- Comfortable working in different environments and dealing directly with clients.
More information on suitability and the qualification can be found at https://www.icaew.com/learning-and-development/aca/aca-employers/routes/aca-cta-joint-programme