ACA Graduate, Business Tax - January 2020, London
|Job Title:||ACA Graduate, Business Tax - January 2020, London|
|Job Published:||January 08, 2019 14:23|
Our business tax team provide bespoke taxation services to clients and deal with queries from compliance through to high-level advisory work. You'll prepare tax returns and computations, carry out tax planning/consultancy work and deal with HMRC, clients and third parties.
- corporation tax computations at both provisional and final stage
- corporation, partnership, personal and overseas landlord tax returns
- tax accounting and deferred tax computations for inclusion in the financial statements, as required
- The expectation is that the involvement in the preparation of the returns will be mainly data inputting and familiarising themselves with how Alphatax (or other appropriate software) works. Generally reporting to client caseworkers and managers.
- Assist in dealing with HMRC correspondence including calling HMRC as required, informing them of any changes to client circumstances and preparation of penalty appeal letters.
- Assist in obtaining relevant information from audit/accounting files in order to prepare the draft tax returns.
- Drafting client correspondence including the preparation of tax payment advice /CT600 returns for client approval for Manager to send
- Assist more senior members of staff with a portfolio of clients ensuring they are kept up to date with relevant progress of their computations, tax matters and deadlines
- Take on work from the Compliance Function to gain experience of basic compliance requirements across a broad range of taxes.
- Communicating with clients to obtain relevant information or to resolve queries
- Assisting with new client/engagement set up including the initial preparation of LOEs and Client Acceptance Checklist/General Engagement Acceptance Checklist.
- Assist with any other aspects of the compliance function, including updating Alphatax on a regular basis
- Assist with fee proposals, analysing WIP and drafting fee notes when requested.
- Ensure the deadline they have been given are met and issues or difficulties that arise are brought to the attention of the senior team members
- Liaise with senior team members to regularly communicate progress of work
- Build and maintain good working relationships with colleagues including starting to build working relationships with colleagues from other departments
- Assist with general administrative duties
- Develop an awareness of UK taxation and accounting matters, including accounting standards and double entry book-keeping (generally through their professional exam studies)
- Successfully study towards gaining the ACA via a level 7 apprenticeship
l Three A-Levels, excluding General Studies, at grade B (120 UCAS points), or equivalent, AND a grade 2:1 or above in any undergraduate degree, or equivalent OR
l A 2:1 or above in an undergraduate degree, or equivalent, listed as a ‘relevant field of study’ OR
l A 2:1 or above in any undergraduate degree, or equivalent, AND a Merit or above in a master’s degree listed as a ‘relevant field of study’.
Relevant fields of study;
o Accounting and/or Finance;
o Any Business focussed degree (e.g. International Business, Business Management, Business Studies and Business Analytics, Business Administration) only if combined with an accounting or finance module;
o Any combinations of the above subjects e.g. Economics and Maths, but not Economics and Law.
Please note due to high volume of applications for our roles we reserve the right to close all vacancies earlier than the advertised date without notice. To avoid disappointment please apply as soon as possible.
Your studies towards the ACA qualification may follow a government approved level 7 apprenticeship standard which encompasses all of the skills, knowledge and behaviours required to be a qualified Accountant. This would also include an additional End Point Assessment. More information can be found on the Gov.UK website.
Moore Stephens values diversity, and a diverse workforce is essential. You will experience a working culture that is inclusive, collaborative and supportive, to make sure that you reach your full potential and thrive in your career. We believe in teamwork and respect, and are committed to providing an environment that empowers your individuality. If you require any adjustments to be made in order for you to submit your application please let us know.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
ACA Graduate 2020 JANUARY
Competitive & benefits
ACA Trainee – Business Services
Competitive + Benefits
Tax Trainee - September 2020 or January 2021
Graduate Post – ACA training contract with focus on tax consultancy