ACA Graduate, Corporate Audit - January 2020, Reading
|Job Title:||ACA Graduate, Corporate Audit - January 2020, Reading|
|Job Published:||January 08, 2019 14:22|
Being part of our corporate audit team you will need an analytical mind as you work to provide audit and accounting services to a broad range of clients including financial services, technology companies and sports clubs. Your role will involve providing a high quality service to clients in respect of the preparation and audit of statutory accounts.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the objectives of an audit
- Understand and act on basic instructions
- Understand and perform basic tests, and complete individual tests from within PROaudit
- Prepare a simple trial balance and identify errors in basic accounting
- Elementary knowledge of double entry
- Assist in the call and cast of accounts
- Assist in the preparation of lead schedules and audit work which includes, but is not limited to:
- Completing Statutory sections
- System notes
- Journal testing
- Capital and reserves sections
- Income testing
- Expenses testing
- Bank and cash testing
- Follow any reasonable instruction by the audit Senior
- Prepare legible and comprehensive working papers
- Be prepared to travel to client sites as required
- Assist with bank reconciliations and audit bank sections
- Demonstrate commitment to working as a team to achieve deadlines
- Successfully study towards the ACA via a Level 7 apprenticeship
l Three A-Levels, excluding General Studies, at grade B (120 UCAS points), or equivalent, AND a grade 2:1 or above in any undergraduate degree, or equivalent OR
l A 2:1 or above in an undergraduate degree, or equivalent, listed as a ‘relevant field of study’ OR
l A 2:1 or above in any undergraduate degree, or equivalent, AND a Merit or above in a master’s degree listed as a ‘relevant field of study’.
Relevant fields of study;
o Accounting and/or Finance;
o Any Business focussed degree (e.g. International Business, Business Management, Business Studies and Business Analytics, Business Administration) only if combined with an accounting or finance module;
o Any combinations of the above subjects e.g. Economics and Maths, but not Economics and Law.
Please note due to high volume of applications for our roles we reserve the right to close all vacancies earlier than the advertised date without notice. To avoid disappointment please apply as soon as possible.
Your studies towards the ACA qualification may follow a government approved level 7 apprenticeship standard which encompasses all of the skills, knowledge and behaviours required to be a qualified Accountant. This would also include an additional End Point Assessment. More information can be found on the Gov.UK website.
Moore Stephens values diversity, and a diverse workforce is essential. You will experience a working culture that is inclusive, collaborative and supportive, to make sure that you reach your full potential and thrive in your career. We believe in teamwork and respect, and are committed to providing an environment that empowers your individuality. If you require any adjustments to be made in order for you to submit your application please let us know.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's