ACA Graduate intake September 2018 - International Institutions and Donor Assurance, London
|Job Title:||ACA Graduate intake September 2018 - International Institutions and Donor Assurance, London|
|Job Published:||April 27, 2018 12:41|
Joining as a graduate you’ll be the future of the firm. To ensure you succeed we’ll provide the training and support you need, coupled with the responsibility and autonomy to allow you to grow. You’ll work with experienced professionals and face the kind of challenges that turn smart graduates into confident accountants. In addition to a competitive salary and flexible benefits, you’ll receive full study support towards gaining your ACA qualification. We provide the opportunities you take them.
International Institutions and Donor Assurance (IIDA) is an exciting specialist department carrying out audits of international development aid and other publicly-funded projects all over the world. Our major clients include the United Nations and European Commission, and we work with them to provide assurance that their funds are properly used and soundly managed. You'll use all your communication, problem-solving and analytical skills and will get your career off to an excellent start with unparalleled experience in working with major institutions all over the world.
An example assignment might see you leading an audit opening meeting with a UNICEF country office on the Monday morning, before heading off to spend a few days with local NGO or government partners to audit the way they have spent UN funds. You’ll look at a sample of supporting documents to make sure the expenditure is genuine and for the purposes intended by UNICEF, and review the internal controls of the NGO, making recommendations as to how these might be improved to strengthen the management of UN resources. At the end of the fieldwork, you’ll draft an aide-memoire document and discuss your findings with both the UN and its local partner, explaining your reasoning and being prepared to defend your position. At the airport, you’ll start drafting the formal report as you wait for your flight back to London.
· Undertake audit fieldwork as part of a team reporting to a Senior or Manager, taking increasing responsibility with experience, which may include assignment planning, leading fieldwork, leading client meetings and drafting the assignment report.
· Prepare to be out of the office at client sites in any part of the world, for more than 50% of time.
· Balance the commitments of studying for exams while travelling extensively.
· Demonstrate a basic understanding of the objectives of an audit, particularly in a donor funding context.
· Prepare legible and comprehensive working papers, completing sections of the audit file with assistance from more senior colleagues.
· Be aware of assignment deadlines and work with the team to meet them.
· Develop a knowledge of audit issues and techniques specific to the donor-funded aid environment.
· Develop a good understanding of International Standards on Auditing (ISAs) and other applicable technical frameworks, supported by regular training.
· Understand what constitutes an assignment finding and how it should be classified and written up in the assignment report.
· Degree educated with a 2:1 minimum (or international equivalent)
· Minimum of 120 UCAS points (300 UCAS points on pre-2017 tariff) or international equivalent, achieved within the same academic year
· Fluency in a second language, especially French, Spanish, German or Portuguese
· Strong planning, organisational and time management skills
· Diplomacy and cultural sensitivity while working with a hugely diverse range of clients and beneficiaries
· A real interest in international development and associated funding structures
· Excellent communication, report writing and presentation skills
· Team worker
· Resilience and adaptability
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Graduate ACA Trainee
ACA/ACCA TRAINEES INTAKE 2021
14000 - 20000
Graduate Post – ACA training contract with focus on tax consultancy
Graduate Trainee Accountant
Up to £23000
ATT Trainee (Apprenticeship Programme)
Competitive plus training contract