ACA Graduate, International, Institutions & Donor Assurance - September 2019
|Job Title:||ACA Graduate, International, Institutions & Donor Assurance - September 2019|
|Job Published:||January 31, 2019 10:31|
International Institutions and Donor Assurance (IIDA) is wholly dedicated to the provision of financial management solutions to international institutions, particularly those involved in grant-making and the implementation of grant-funded programmes in the public sector.
We carry out financial audits, systems audits, expenditure reviews, grant reviews and various other assurance and advisory work for our international public sector clients, which include the EC, the UN, GIZ, the World Bank, the Global Fund and major grant giving foundations. Our vision is to be the global leader in the provision of assurance and advisory services to these organisations.
IIDA is based in London and has approximately 100 staff and ten partners, with many more staff and contractors based around the world. IIDA has grown rapidly in recent years and our team has built up an unrivalled pool of knowledge and experience in the international public sector. We are now expanding to offer our services to international institutions more generally.
Our future is full of opportunities and interesting challenges. We are always on the look-out for passionate, motivated and talented individuals to join our team!
- Undertake audit fieldwork reporting to a Senior or Manager, taking increasing responsibility with experience, which may include assignment planning, leading fieldwork, leading client meetings and drafting the assignment report;
- Be willing to be out of the office at client sites in any part of the world. These are mostly in Europe, but can be in locations in Asia, Africa or the Americas;
- Balance the commitments of studying for exams while travelling extensively;
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the objectives of an audit, particularly in a donor funding context.
- Prepare legible and comprehensive working papers, completing sections of the audit file with assistance from more senior colleagues;
- Be aware of assignment deadlines and work with the team to meet them;
- Develop a knowledge of audit issues and techniques specific to the donor-funded aid environment.
- Develop a good understanding of International Standards on Auditing (ISAs) and other applicable technical frameworks, supported by regular training;
- Understand what constitutes an assignment finding and how it should be classified and written up in the assignment report;
- Achieve utilisation of at least 70% on an annual basis;
- Develop internal contacts and demonstrate an awareness of the other services offered by Moore Stephens;
- Attend the firm’s technical training seminars and appropriate departmental seminars;
- Be aware of the firm’s risk management and practice assurance procedures and ensure compliance;
- Identify soft skills requirements in conjunction with your appraising manager/partner and communicate such requirements to the training department;
- Consistently demonstrate the Moore Stephens values; and;
- Successfully study towards gaining the ACA via a Level 7 apprenticeship.
l Three A-Levels, excluding General Studies, at grade B (120 UCAS points), or equivalent, AND a grade 2:1 or above in any undergraduate degree, or equivalent OR
l A 2:1 or above in an undergraduate degree, or equivalent, listed as a ‘relevant field of study’ OR
l A 2:1 or above in any undergraduate degree, or equivalent, AND a Merit or above in a master’s degree listed as a ‘relevant field of study’.
Relevant fields of study;
o Accounting and/or Finance;
o Any Business focussed degree (e.g. International Business, Business Management, Business Studies and Business Analytics, Business Administration) only if combined with an accounting or finance module;
o Any combinations of the above subjects e.g. Economics and Maths, but not Economics and Law.
Please note due to high volume of applications for our roles we reserve the right to close all vacancies earlier than the advertised date without notice. To avoid disappointment please apply as soon as possible.
Your studies towards the ACA qualification may follow a government approved level 7 apprenticeship standard which encompasses all of the skills, knowledge and behaviours required to be a qualified Accountant. This would also include an additional End Point Assessment. More information can be found on the Gov.UK website.
Moore Stephens values diversity, and a diverse workforce is essential. You will experience a working culture that is inclusive, collaborative and supportive, to make sure that you reach your full potential and thrive in your career. We believe in teamwork and respect, and are committed to providing an environment that empowers your individuality. If you require any adjustments to be made in order for you to submit your application please let us know.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
ACA Graduate 2022 SEPTEMBER
Competitive &; benefits
ACA Graduate - September 2022
16000 + Study
September 2022 - ACA Graduate Trainee Accountant
Apprenticeship, Audit - September 2019 (CFAB)
ACA Audit & Accounts Trainee (Graduate) - September 2021 Start
18000 - 22000