ACA Graduate Programme
|Job Title:||ACA Graduate Programme|
|Salary:||Starting Salary £25,000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Brendan Mare|
|Job Published:||May 16, 2018 15:29|
Are you an aspiring future business & finance leader who is looking to build a career with a recognized employer of choice for investing in young talent ('National Firm of the Year 2016 Winner' at the 2016 British Accountancy Awards)? If that is you then you need to apply for our ACA Graduate Programme which is now open for applications for our September 2018 intake in one of our beautiful office locations in Farnborough and Whiteley (south coast near Southampton & Fareham) in Hampshire.
Our focus at Menzies is providing a #BrighterThinking approach, going the extra mile to keep clients on-track to achieve their personal and business objectives. As a top 20 accountancy firm we have a passion for advising entrepreneurs and SMEs through our sector-led teams.
We apply the same principles to individuals within the firm. Our people are ambitious, self-motivated and encouraged to develop their skill set and realise their potential.
We operate out of a network of offices across Surrey, Hampshire, Cardiff and London, providing our clients with easy access and local knowledge.
Many of our clients are expanding overseas and benefit from the outward perspective we can provide via our active membership of HLB International.
#BrighterThinking is how we sum up the difference we make, as a firm, to our clients and in the way we hire and develop talent in Menzies. It’s finance and accounting expertise, combined with strategic commercial thinking and a promise to add real value across all areas of our client’s businesses.
The ACA Programme:
Menzies LLP was voted one of the best Graduate Employers to work for in 2015/16, 2016/17 and 2017/18 (Job Crowd.com) with our award winning training and development programmes for trainees. We offer a personable, friendly and supportive training environment. All of our trainees have a mentor & training manager for the duration of the programme and they will get the opportunity to work with a wide range of clients from various industry sectors.
Our ACA Trainees form part of the Auditing & Accounts/Advisory team and will work in small client assignment teams of three or four people with direct access to business owners & directors. You will be given the opportunity to gain a strong commercial insight into how organizations work and the challenges they face developing your commercial awareness. As you progress you will be given more responsibility, so that by your second year, for example, you will already be supervising other trainees.
We pay all the costs towards your professional exams including tuition courses, study manuals, textbooks and examination fees for the first sitting. During the 3 year Trainee Programme you'll receive paid study leave to attend all the tuition courses, in addition to your annual holiday.
Your career with Menzies doesn't just stop once you complete your ACA qualification, we want our trainees to be our next generation of senior leaders! Everyone is different and we don't pigeon hole our trainees into one area of the business!
So if you want to develop your career in a specific route whether that's Consultancy, Forensics, Audit, Tax, Corporate Finance, Business Valuations or Accounts then our trainee programmes can offer you multiple pathways. Ongoing training & development is provided throughout your Menzies career as we are passionate about our people and ensuring they are continuously gaining new skills and expertise.
We can offer you a dynamic and rewarding environment with exposure to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors. Our package and benefits are very competitive and work life balance is part of our company culture, we have office locations in London, Surrey, Hampshire and Cardiff and we are a strong believer in developing our staff throughout their career:
- Financial Sponsorship of your ACA qualification
- A competitive base salary with multiple increases occurring at milestone achievements during the programme
- Generous holiday allowance of 23.5 days a year (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible working policies (core hours are between 10am and 4.30pm)
- Each office location has agreements with local businesses which offer great discounts
- Learning and Development opportunities throughout your Menzies career
- CSR Program & Social Events - each office will be involved in various charity and sporting activities to help raise the brand profile and give back to the local community
- Employee Assistance Program - our EAP is available for all Menzies employees. As well as being a confidential support line, it also offers practical financial and life management advice 24 /7 and is completely confidential.
Required Skills & Attributes:
- Candidates must have a minimum of a 2:1 degree (ideally from a Business Management, Accounting & Finance, Physics, Chemistry, Engineering, Mathematics and Economics degree)
- 3 A-Level passes at grade A-C (ideally with a minimum 300 UCAS points)
- 8 GCSE's including Maths and English, or equivalent.
- Passionate about working with people & business owners
- Commercially & strategically minded
- Strong at networking & relationship building
- Excellent attention to detail
- Confident to challenge the status quo
- All candidates will be required to provide evidence of eligibility to work in the UK for the duration of the training contract.
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the required skills and attributes to be our new ACA Trainee then apply online now (candidates who apply sooner will be processed sooner and will be selected before candidates who apply later). It is advised to apply ASAP.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's