23 days ago
Duncan & Toplis
An ACA Graduate Trainee will be placed on a 3-year training contract and gain experience in all areas of accounting to become a Chartered ACA Accountant. You will support your team and carry out the initial preparation of clients’ accounts and assisting with audits where necessary with the assistance of a senior to reach final stages for Manager/ Director approval, along with studying with our training provider to gain exam successes.
- To prepare client accounts to part or final completion stage dependent on the complexity of the business and to attend and assist with audits.
- To prepare tax computations, opening balance adjustments, engagement letters and general administration as and when required.
- To carryout work at clients premises when required (i.e. audit, book-keeping).
- When the opportunity arises to deal effectively with clients within your range of expertise and to refer to senior/manager before any advice is given.
- To report promptly to your Manager/ Director any concerns which may affect the firm’s client relationship e.g. money laundering, unethical business practice, complaints etc.
- To proactively manage your own personal study to improve your knowledge and technical abilities in your studies and in the workplace.
- To respect client confidentiality and report any issues which may affect client relationships to your manager/ partner.
- To attend in house training which is provided where relevant to keep CDP up to date.
- Achieve the target competencies set throughout your training contract, experience and studies.
- A degree in any discipline at 2:1 or equivalent
- Be familiar with Microsoft Office packages.
- Possess IT skills to operate in-house programmes and develop spreadsheets as necessary.
- Be aware of the importance of client relationships and their own limitations when speaking to clients.
- Be a great team player but willing to work on own when required
- Some knowledge of accounts preparation programmes (training will be given) is desirable
- Be commercially aware of the industry and market place
- Basic knowledge of accounting practices
- Enthusiastic and ambitious individuals with a determination to succeed.