ACA Graduate Training Programme - Top 50 Practice
|Job Title:||ACA Graduate Training Programme - Top 50 Practice|
|Location:||City of London|
|Job Published:||September 03, 2018 15:47|
Who is CBW?
We are a 22 Partner top 50 firm of innovative and forward thinking chartered accountants. Each year we recruit a small number of ambitious graduates looking to kick start their accounting career and study towards the ACA qualification all whilst undertaking interesting work alongside professional and supportive colleagues.
Our offices are based a stones throw from some of London’s most famous historical landmarks including The Tower of London and Tower Bridge. St Katherine Dock is also very close by with an array of shops and hotspots for lunch and after work socialising!
With not a stuffy chesterfield in sight you would be working in a modern, light, airy open plan environment with partners sitting out amongst their teams…think foosball tables, free fruit and monthly social events!
We have a strong emphasis on looking after our employees which attributes to our low turnover of staff and high retention rates when our graduates qualify.
We promote a healthy work, life and study balance which is reflected in our flexible working hours based on a 35 hour week (although a degree of flexibility may be required from time to time, including travelling to client sites).
Check out our social media feeds on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Search CBW using #CBWway to get an insight into what life is like as one of our team. You will also find tips and information to support your application process along the way.
In a nutshell
As a graduate on our ACA training programme you will gain experience across a broad range of clients and industries from day one.
You will receive professional training delivered by a leading professional training provider on a block release basis, allowing you to come back to the office and apply the knowledge you have gained. You will also receive extensive internal and on the job training and support from like-minded professionals who have already been through the ACA training programme.
Reporting into an audit semi-senior, senior or manager (depending on the client and size of the audit) you will assist with the preparation of audit files on site for audit assignments, this will include client liaison, working to deadlines and working as part of a team.
For non-audit assignments you will help assist with or prepare statutory and non-statutory accounts for corporate clients, partnerships and sole traders, this will also include abbreviated company accounts, full company cccounts and from time to time group accounts
- From the off you will have the opportunity to report findings and variances and communicate these with Partners and team members
- You will be working closely with Partners and staff to provide clients with a personal and professional service
If you are interested in applying and kicking off your application, please read through the list of requirements and personal attributes needed to undertake the training contract.
You must have a minimum of 280 UCAS points and have or are expecting to achieve a 2.1 degree or higher (we are totally open on degree subject, it doesn’t have to be finance or accountancy related).
- Strong IT skills to include Excel, Outlook and Word
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven experience of managing your own time and working successfully to deadlines
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate openly and honestly at all levels
- Able to listen and follow instructions
- The ability to use your own initiative when required
- Have a proactive and enthusiastic approach to work
The training contract offers a competitive salary and study package, including generous study leave and support.
- If you meet the criteria and are interested, please click apply and you will be sent to our website where you can read more about the process, the opportunity and hear from this years graduates
- Submit a copy of your CV and complete an online application form
- The closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 7th September 2018
- Online skills assessments ahead of a first interview with our external recruitment partner
- Second interview with us at CBW
- Assessment day (final stage) - Wednesday 17th October 2018
The training contract will start on 2nd January 2019.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's