ACA/ACCA training contract
|Job Title:||ACA/ACCA training contract|
|Contact Name:||Deimante Kliciute|
|Job Published:||October 26, 2021 16:46|
At Masabi, we are helping to make cities better places to live, work and visit, by enabling seamless, frictionless journeys on public transport systems. We are a SaaS company, developing a ticketing (fare payments) platform that allows people to buy and present tickets for public transit on their mobile phones or by tapping a bank card.
We believe a new fare payments system allowing passengers to just tap and ride, without needing to buy a ticket or understand fares, should be available to every passenger and every transit agency around the globe, without prohibitive costs or taking years to deliver, helping people move seamlessly from A to B.
Our Justride platform has been named Ticketing Technology of the Year 2019/2020 and is in use in over 100 locations around the world, including New York, London, Boston, Las Vegas, Bucharest, Valencia, The Hague, Los Angeles, Sydney, and many more. With an exciting industry-first mobile ticketing SDK, we are partnering with companies like Uber, Lyft, Transit, Moovit to enable the purchase of public transit tickets within leading mobility applications.
Masabi has offices in London, New York, Denver and Cluj, and investors include Mastercard, Shell and Keolis.
Come join us on this exciting ride as we build the transit technology ecosystem of tomorrow.
Masabi is looking for a highly capable and detail focused Accounts Assistant to join a small but growing finance team to support the day to day functions of the accounts departments. This role will offer a three-year training contract with one of ACA/CIMA/ACCA and exposure to a variety of responsibilities and development opportunities from purchase ledger, accounts receivable, treasury, controlling, credit control and many other ad-hoc business support tasks. It is expected that additional rotation into financial reporting and planning will be possible through this training contract subject to performance.
This person will be reporting into the Finance Operations Supervisor at Masabi with regular exposure to the Head of Finance and CFO, and will have ample opportunities to shape our systems and processes.
- Role is a training contract and experience will be offered in a number of areas and opportunities to progress, subject to performance.
- Initial 12-18 months responsibilities:
- Payroll payments and accounting for over 150 employees across UK, USA, Romania, supported by external payroll bureaus.
- Manage payroll compliance P11d, PSA and EMI scheme and others.
- Work closely with the People Operations Team to manage all payroll changes and support benefit schemes.
- Maintain payroll inbox, promptly addressing employee requests.
- Maintain controlling reports, clearly providing variance analysis each month to enable senior management to approve payments.
- Manage all employee expense claims, ensuring rapid processing and payments.
- Assist with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable processes.
- Other Ad-hoc bookkeeping and people duties as time allows.
- Continual focus on process and systems.
- University and/or higher-education qualified in relevant subjects or AAT qualification.
- Minimum 2 A level passes (grades A*-D) plus 7 GCSE passes at grades A-C/grades 9-4
- Good Excel knowledge and an interest in learning new systems.
- Good time management skills with ability to prioritise.
- Ability to challenge and improve processes.
- Communication skills and ability to interact with non-finance personnel at all levels of the business.
Some of our benefits:
- Three-year training contract with one of ACA/CIMA/ACCA
- Training paid for in full by the company.
- 20 days per year study leave per year for the period of your training contract.
- Competitive salary package
- 25 days of holiday per year plus the option to buy another 5 days pro-rated
- Private Healthcare via AXA including pre-existing conditions and mental health
- Life Insurance
- Flexibility to work from home whenever you need to and flexible working hours (we are currently operating fully remote due to COVID-19, please see Remote Working Policy below for more details)
- You will now also be able to work from any country in the world for up to three months each year (tax laws permitting)
- Pension scheme
- Onsite/video yoga classes
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Unlimited snacks and drinks, with regular free lunches (when we’re in the office)
- Regular social gatherings with monthly allowance for each employee (when it’s safe)
- Biannual company events
- Fun and collaborative environment with a focus on making a difference in the world
Salary Range: £25,000 - £27,000
We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view, striving to create an environment where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. Whoever you are, just be yourself. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don’t discriminate. Also, please notify our team of any preferred pronouns at any point in your application.
In light of the continued Covid-19 risks, all interviews are expected to take place by phone or video.
Masabi’s flexible working policy will allow you to work fully remotely, or from one of our offices in London, Cluj, New York, Denver or Boston. The choice about where you work from will be largely made by you. Regardless of where you choose to work from, you will be allowed to work outside of the country of your employment for up to 3 months each year (tax laws permitting).
To find out more about who we are and how we work, please have a read about our Covid Response: https://www.masabi.com/2021/08/02/emerging-stronger/
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Chartered Trainee Accountant
School Leaver Tax Trainee (ATT/CTA) - Harrogate (Corporate Tax) - September 2022
Graduate Tax Trainee (ATT/CTA) - Harrogate (Personal Tax) - September 2022
School Leaver Tax Trainee (ATT/CTA) - Harrogate (Personal Tax) - September 2022
Graduate Tax Trainee (ACA/CTA or ATT/CTA) - Harrogate (Corporate Tax) - September 2022