|Job Title:||ACA Trainee|
|Job Published:||November 27, 2020 09:09|
If you are interested to pursue a career as Planning & Forecasting Associate within Finance team at GSK Regional Hub in KL, please submit your professional profile through our career page (CLICK HERE TO APPLY).
As Planning & Forecasting Associate, you are expected to register with ICAEW and complete the three (3)-year training and practical work experience with GSK.
At GSK, our modern and technology-led Regional Finance Hub – APAC team, we work together with colleagues from across Finance to support our businesses across APAC in delivering the best outcome for our patients and consumers. Our new Finance Hub team in Malaysia will be part of a global network of Regional Finance hubs to share best practices and knowledge whilst working closely with our HQ Finance teams.
You will be responsible to support the Planning and Forecasting Process which includes the preparation, review and submission of in-market annual, quarterly and monthly forecasts. Also, you will be responsible to provide Value added Analytics on Actual and forecasted Business Performance in the areas of P&L, BS and Cash flow.
Year 1: Focus core commercial cycle activities
- Participate in monthly core commercial cycle. Support the P&F Lead in the preparation monthly consensus forecast deliverables in accordance with GSK Corporate requirement.
- Provide support to the P&F Lead with the preparation of the 3+1 plan, UP2 & Flip on annual basis. Understand the various planning cycles and their key role in the overall corporate planning process.
- Attend pre demand review meeting on monthly basis to understand business Planning process.
- Responsible for supporting the preparation of the monthly OPEX, A&P, Sundry, headcount and cash flow forecast.
- Upload and validate approved forecast numbers into GSK tools.
- Support the P&F lead in creating, updating and maintaining financial models to provide detailed monthly and quarterly forecasts for the market (CCC process)
- Prepare adhoc analysis to analyse forecast Vs budgets, prior month forecasts and prior year actuals.
- Support the preparation of internal management reports (e.g. DRM, MPR) for executive leadership.
Year 2: Focus on financial management and analysis
*Note: Year 1 job responsibilities remain with expanded responsibilities.
- Performs Core commercial cycle activities independently for a LOC.
- Performs variance analysis to explain differences in actual performance against forecast.
- Support the process of generating commentary on variance analysis such as flash sales commentary, P&L commentary and price volume analysis.
- Responsible to monitor Innovation sales performance against forecast and support all activities related to innovation sales.
- Identify key learning for Year 1 role and make improvements going forward with global process owner or process improvement expert to standardize activities across P&F.
- Evaluate forex impact on actual and forecast numbers and validate GSK P&L performance in all rates such as Budget rate and Actual rate.
Year 3: Becoming a true finance business partner
Note: Year 1& 2 job responsibilities remain with expanded responsibilities.
- Drive the monthly core commercial market with In- house commercial team and market finance director.
- Present monthly performance review to area finance director with minimum supervision.
- Work closely with supply chain finance team on annual flip exercise.
- Responsible to maintain annual transfer price which is aligned to tax requirements.
- Other ad-hoc activities:
- Support ad hoc analysis requirement on Sales, Gross Margin, Operating Margin, A&P, OPEX, Sundry, Working Capital, Headcount, OE and Capex.
- Any other business relevant tasks assigned by P&F Lead or P&F Director
- Other tasks as BSC management, system upgrade and changes to business environment.
- Involvement in Change management projects
We look for people who appreciate the importance of safety and quality and strive to continuously improve our performance and practices. We work in an open and transparent environment so you’ll be someone who treats others with respect and integrity – as you will be treated yourself.
- A Bachelors degree (Finance / Accounting is preferred)
- You must be a registered student of ICAEW.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Positive working attitude and willing to take challenge
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and displays initiative in solving problems
- Actively seeks to improve processes making them more effective and efficient
- Must be fluent in English – both written and spoken
- Attention to detail, good analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Ability to plan and manage workload to ensure all key deadlines are met.
GSK’s dedication to the wellbeing of our employees is reflected in the benefits we offer; including healthcare for yourself and dependents, performance related bonus, etc. We also offer a range of employee health and wellbeing programs including our truly unique Partnership for Prevention program, a global commitment by GSK to provide all employees with up to 40 preventative healthcare services bringing to life our mission to: do more, feel better and live longer.
Our goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's