ACA Graduate Trainee – Business Services – Audit
|Job Title:||ACA Graduate Trainee – Business Services – Audit|
|Salary:||Competitive + Benefits|
|Job Published:||April 28, 2021 16:21|
Programme: Graduate Training Programme 2021
Division: Business Services
Location: London, Canary Wharf
Start Date: September and December 2021
- 2:1 degree (attained or expected in any discipline)
- 112 UCAS points (New Tariff) (excluding General Studies)
You've studied hard and got your degree. You want to join a firm that will get your career off to a great start, and keep challenging and rewarding you as you progress. How do you choose that firm?
PKF Littlejohn is a top ten-ranked auditor and tax adviser based in Canary Wharf. With in-depth expertise in many fields of tax, accountancy and finance, we work for clients ranging from large, listed corporates and SMEs to individuals, their families and their businesses.
As a mid-tier firm, PKF Littlejohn not only offers you broad experience and early responsibility, but a friendly, supportive environment, with lots of partner and client contact from day one. You'll get a wealth of commercial experience with early responsibility and competitive rewards. You'll be encouraged to develop both personally and professionally, and supported as far as your ambition will take you.
Business Services Team
‘Variety' best describes the work of this team. You could be involved in the audit of any organisation from a listed company to working with owner-managed businesses. Sole traders and partnerships don't always have the accounting infrastructure of larger companies, so they rely on us for day-to-day financial advice. Our clients include natural resource companies, tech companies, professional practices and retailers.
Your work could range from conducting audits at clients' premises to preparing management or statutory accounts.
With every audit, you'll gain a deeper insight into each stage of the process, and a broader view of the businesses we work for. As your experience grows, so will your opportunities.
To begin to develop a knowledge of accounting and auditing techniques and show commitment to passing the professional examinations.
- Undertake the work allocated by the assignment leader
- Keep the assignment leader informed about progress at daily meetings
- Ensure attendance at briefing meetings and understand the audit plan
- Complete the work within budget for each area
- Adopt high professional standards with a business-like approach to work
- Develop a comprehensive working knowledge of double entry bookkeeping
- Be able complete sections in the audit file by obtaining and documenting sufficient and appropriate audit evidence, to include the following sections:
- Fixed assets section;
- Bank section;
- Document accounting systems and complete systems testing;
- Substantive testing on the Profit and Loss analysis – including attention to tax requirements
- Develop a basic knowledge of current accounting standards
- Pass relevant professional examinations first time
- Be able to advise on basic accounting issues
- Be aware of Institute and internal ethical guidelines
- To accept responsibility for all work performed and to follow up to ensure completion
- Willing to accept feedback/development points and action it
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
September 2022 - ACA Graduate Trainee Accountant
ACA Not-for-Profit Audit Trainee (Graduate) - ASAP Start
20000 - 27000
Graduate ACA Audit and Accounts Trainee
Competitve Starting Salary
ACA Graduate Trainee Accountant
ACA Graduate Trainee Accountant