ACA Trainee – Business Services
|Job Title:||ACA Trainee – Business Services|
|Salary:||Competitive + Benefits|
|Job Published:||October 15, 2018 15:01|
Business Services Group
‘Variety' best describes the work of this division. You could be involved in the audit of any organisation from a listed company to working with owner-managed businesses. Sole traders and partnerships don't always have the accounting infrastructure of larger companies, so they rely on us for day-to-day financial advice. Our clients include natural resource companies, tech companies, professional practices and retailers.
Your work could range from conducting audits at clients' premises to preparing management or statutory accounts.
With every audit, you'll gain a deeper insight into each stage of the process, and a broader view of the businesses we work for. As your experience grows, so will your opportunities.
What skills will you need to be effective in this role?
Purpose and Aim of the Job
To begin to develop a knowledge of accounting and auditing techniques and show commitment to passing the professional examinations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
•Undertake the work allocated by the assignment leader
•Keep the assignment leader informed about progress at daily meetings
•Ensure attendance at briefing meetings and understand the audit plan
•Complete the work within budget for each area
• Adopt high professional standards with a business-like approach to work
• Develop a comprehensive working knowledge of double entry book keeping
• Be able to obtain and document effective audit evidence including that relating to Corporation and
Indirect taxes, to include the following:
Fixed assets section (complete)
Bank section (complete)
Understand & document accounting systems and complete systems testing
Profit and loss analysis – with attention to tax requirement
• Develop a basic knowledge of current accounting standards
• Pass relevant professional examinations first time
• Be able to advise on basic accounting issues
• Be aware of Institute and internal ethical guidelines
• To accept responsibility for all work performed and to follow up to ensure completion
•Willing to accept feedback/development points and action it
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's