Competitive + Benefits
14 days ago
PKF Littlejohn LLP
Programme: Graduate Training Programme 2020
Division: Financial Services
Location: London, Canary Wharf
Start Date: September and December 2020
- 2:1 degree (attained or expected in any discipline)
- 112 UCAS points (New Tariff) (excluding General Studies)
You've studied hard and got your degree. You want to join a firm that will get your career off to a great start, and keep challenging and rewarding you as you progress. How do you choose that firm?
PKF Littlejohn LLP is an independent firm of chartered accountants based in London’s Canary Wharf, we provide a full range of audit, accountancy, tax and advisory services to a broad range of clients. We are one of the largest single office practices in the UK and ranked among the top 6 accountancy firm advisers to the UK insurance sector and the UK’s top 15 auditors to the London Stock Exchange AIM market. The firm is a member of PKF International, a network of legally independent member firms located in around 125 countries throughout the world.
As a mid-tier firm, PKF Littlejohn not only offers you broad experience and early responsibility, but a friendly, supportive environment, with lots of partner and client contact from day one. You'll get a wealth of commercial experience with early responsibility and competitive rewards. You'll be encouraged to develop both personally and professionally, and supported as far as your ambition will take you.
Financial Services Division
Our Financial Services division is one of the largest teams outside the Big 4. We are the sixth largest provider of external audit services to the UK Insurance industry. The division also provides internal audit services to a number of major insurance companies and brokers; and we are a leading firm in the Lloyd’s of London insurance market.
We advise clients across the insurance industry, including insurance companies, syndicates and other Lloyd’s entities, mutual insurers, brokers and agents.
We provide external audit services to asset managers, private equity funds, corporate finance firms, and other FCA authorised businesses. We also provide internal audit services to the asset management sector.
Purpose and Aim of the Job
- To begin to develop a knowledge of accounting and auditing techniques and show commitment to passing the professional examinations
- To begin to develop an understanding of the Financial Services sector, including insurance, funds and fund management and the associated accounting and auditing issues
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake the work allocated by the assignment leader
- Keep the assignment leader informed about progress at daily meetings
- Ensure attendance at briefing meetings and understand the audit plan
- Complete the work within the budget for each area
- Adopt high professional standards with a business-like approach to work
- Develop a comprehensive working knowledge of double entry book keeping
- Be able to obtain and document effective audit evidence, across various sections of the audit, including the following:
- Fixed assets section
- Bank section
- Document accounting systems and complete systems testing
- Substantive testing on the Profit and Loss and analysis – including attention to tax requirements
- Develop a basic knowledge of current accounting standards
- Develop a basic knowledge of the laws and regulations affecting FS clients including Lloyd’s/FCA regulations and client money rules
- Pass relevant professional examinations first time
- Complete the required CII study exams
- Be able to advise on basic accounting issues
- Be aware of Institute and internal ethical guidelines
- To accept responsibility for all work performed