Competitive + Benefits
1 day ago
PKF Littlejohn LLP
Programme: Graduate Training Programme 2021
Division: Not for Profit
Location: London, Canary Wharf
Start Date: September 2021
- 2:1 degree (attained or expected in any discipline)
- 112 UCAS points (New Tariff) (excluding General Studies)
You've studied hard and got your degree. You want to join a firm that will get your career off to a great start, and keep challenging and rewarding you as you progress. How do you choose that firm?
PKF Littlejohn LLP is an independent firm of chartered accountants based in London’s Canary Wharf, we provide a full range of audit, accountancy, tax and advisory services to a broad range of clients. We are one of the largest single office practices in the UK and ranked among the top 6 accountancy firm advisers to the UK insurance sector and the UK’s top 15 auditors to the London Stock Exchange AIM market. The firm is a member of PKF International, a network of legally independent member firms located in around 125 countries throughout the world.
As a mid-tier firm, PKF Littlejohn not only offers you broad experience and early responsibility, but a friendly, supportive environment, with lots of partner and client contact from day one. You'll get a wealth of commercial experience with early responsibility and competitive rewards. You'll be encouraged to develop both personally and professionally, and supported as far as your ambition will take you.
Not for Profit Team
The Not for Profit (NFP) team has an impressive pool of knowledge and experience to share and from which to learn. The team is led by partners with extensive experience in the sector; not only of auditing and advising large, high profile NFP entities but some have also seen things from the client’s side where they have run and assisted in the governance of global international charities.
Our clients, ranging in size from turnover of £100,000 to £1bn, are distinguished by the fact that they exist for a social purpose, rather than by what they do day to day. This means the NFP world encompasses everything from radical campaigning organisations to big businesses with a public benefit remit. This is an exciting time for anyone with an interest in the sector to be joining our NFP team and in return for your enthusiasm to develop and learn we can offer you the opportunity to build a rewarding career.
Purpose and Aim of Job
- To develop a knowledge of accounting and auditing techniques and pass the professional examinations first time
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake audit work as allocated by the assignment leader
- Keep the assignment leader informed about progress at daily meetings
- Ensure attendance at briefing meetings and understand the audit plan
- Complete the work efficiently and to a high quality
- Adopt high professional standards with a business-like approach to work
- Develop an understanding and application of current accounting standards
- Be aware of Institute, Financial Reporting Council and internal ethical guidelines
- Advise clients on technical matters
- To accept responsibility for all work performed
- Engage with a wide range of NFP organisations
- Contribute to the growth and success of the division