ACA Trainee – Not for Profit
|Job Title:||ACA Trainee – Not for Profit|
|Salary:||Competitive + Benefits|
|Job Published:||October 15, 2018 14:50|
Not for Profit Group
The Not for Profit (NFP) team has an impressive pool of knowledge and experience to share and from which to learn. The team is led by partners with extensive experience in the sector; not only of auditing and advising large, high profile NFP entities but some have also seen things from the client’s side where they have run and assisted in the governance of global international charities.
NFP organisations are distinguished by the fact that they exist for a social purpose, rather than by what they do day to day. This means the NFP world encompasses everything from radical campaigning organisations to big businesses with a public benefit remit. This is an exciting time for anyone with an interest in the sector to be joining our NFP team and in return for your enthusiasm to develop and learn we can offer you the opportunity to build a rewarding career.
What skills will you need to be effective in this role?
Purpose and Aim of Job
- To develop a knowledge of accounting and auditing techniques and pass the professional examinations
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake audit work as allocated by the assignment leader
- Keep the assignment leader informed about progress at daily meetings
- Ensure attendance at briefing meetings and understand the audit plan
- Complete the work efficiently and to a high quality
- Adopt high professional standards with a business-like approach to work
- Develop a comprehensive working knowledge of double entry book keeping
- Develop a basic knowledge of current accounting standards
- Pass relevant professional examinations first time
- Be able to advise on basic accounting issues
- Be aware of Institute, Financial Reporting Council and internal ethical guidelines
- To accept responsibility for all work performed
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's