13 days ago
Our focus at Menzies is providing a #BrighterThinking approach, going the extra mile to keep clients on-track to achieve their personal and business objectives. As a leading UK accountancy & advisory firm we have a passion for advising entrepreneurs and SMEs through our sector-led teams.
We apply the same principles to individuals within the firm. Our people are ambitious, self-motivated and encouraged to develop their skill set and realise their potential.
#BrighterThinking is how we sum up the difference we make, as a firm, to our clients and in the way we hire and develop talent in Menzies. It’s finance and accounting expertise, combined with strategic commercial thinking and a promise to add real value across all areas of our client’s businesses.
Our Excellent Benefits:
Come and work for a recognized employer of choice, where we can offer you a dynamic and rewarding environment with exposure to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors. Our package and benefits are very competitive and work life balance is part of our company culture, we have office locations in London, Surrey, Hampshire and Cardiff and we are a strong believer in developing our staff throughout their career:
- Competitive base salary
- 23.5 days annual leave entitlement a year (plus bank holidays)
- Private Medical Cover
- Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Employer contribution & matching pension scheme
- Flexible working policy
- Competitive staff referral scheme
- Each office location has agreements with local businesses which offer great discounts
- Learning and Development opportunities throughout your Menzies career
- CSR Program & Social Events - each office will be involved in various charity and sporting activities to help raise the brand profile and give back to the local community
- Employee Assistance Program - our EAP is available for all Menzies employees. As well as being a confidential support line, it also offers practical financial and life management advice 24 /7 and is completely confidential.
Are you an aspiring future business & finance leader who is looking to build a career with a recognized employer of choice for investing in young talent ? If that is you then you need to apply for our ACCA Insolvency Graduate Programme based in our Insolvency department, which is now open for applications for our September 2020 intake in our office in Cardiff.
Based in the Cardiff office with guidance from a tight knit team, the role of Insolvency Graduate involves being responsible for a number of personal and corporate insolvencies. The Insolvency Graduate progresses a case from start to finish ensuring all statutory responsibilities are fulfilled, along side the Insolvency Practitioner’s duties in order to maximise realisations for the benefit of creditors.
The Insolvency Graduate should be able to manage their own workload whilst also meeting statutory deadlines as well as those in house; therefore demonstrating excellent organisational skills.
Working towards an ACCA qualification and becoming proficient with the Insolvency Act and other legislation.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Liaising with directors and bankrupts to gain key information and an understanding of each specific case
- Communicating with key stakeholders, including: bankrupts, directors, shareholders and employees
- Preparation of Statutory Reports
- Taking responsibility for your own portfolio of cases with appropriate management.
- Provide support and assistance to other team members when required
- To carry out investigations
- Be familiar with all Microsoft programmes including outlook and eventually become fluent with bespoke software systems
Required Skills & Attributes:
- Candidates must have a minimum of a 2:1 degree, 3 A-Level passes at grade A-C (minimum 300 UCAS points) and 8 GCSE's including Maths and English, or equivalent.
- Passionate about working with people
- Commercially & strategically minded
- Strong at networking & relationship building
- All candidates will be required to provide evidence of eligibility to work in the UK for the duration of the training contract.