|Salary:||25000 - 30000|
|Contact Name:||Steve Haslehurst|
|Job Published:||August 02, 2019 14:45|
Bennett Brooks Chartered Accountants, a successful and established firm, is looking for an Accountant to join our Macclesfield based team.
Working on a varied portfolio of business and private clients you will be responsible for the provision of our accountancy and taxation offering for our smaller clients.
Ideally you will be at least AAT or ATT or part qualified ACCA/ACA and with 2-3 years’ experience working in a similar role and will be keen to work within a busy team and be client facing.
This role would suit a candidate who is looking for a hands-on client facing role in a growing accountancy practice and is happy to run a portfolio which is mainly focussed on tax compliance for individuals.
- Ideally minimum AAT or ATT or part qualified ACCA/ACA
- 2-3 years’ experience working within an accounting practice
- Experience in self-assessment tax return preparation
- Basic IT skills and experience of accounting software packages
The role will involve: -
- Preparation of accounts for sole traders and partnerships
- Completing bookkeeping and quarterly VAT returns.
- Use of computer software including IRIS, Sage, Xero and Quickbooks.
- Preparation of income tax computations and self-assessment returns.
- Ensuring work is completed to a high standard and on time.
- Dealing with client queries and building ongoing client relationships.
Good communication skills (both written and verbal) are essential to the role. Training on software packages will be available.
Role: Full time or substantial part time (30 hours)
Salary: £25,000 to £30,000 FTE
36 days holiday - inclusive of Bank Holidays/Christmas period
Staff Pension scheme
Buy and Sell Holidays
Flexible working arrangements
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's