Accountant / Assistant Manager
|Job Title:||Accountant / Assistant Manager|
|Salary:||27000 - 33000|
|Contact Name:||Steve Haslehurst|
|Job Published:||July 18, 2019 15:41|
Bennett Brooks Chartered Accountants, a successful and established firm, is looking for an Accountant / Assistant Manager to join our Northwich based team.
Assisting the Northwich Office Head of Small Business in growing a varied portfolio of business clients you will be at the forefront of developing our accountancy offering.
You will be ACA/ACCA qualified with a minimum of 3 years’ experience working with small business in an accounting practice.
This role would suit a candidate who is looking for a hands-on client facing role in a growing accountancy practice.
- ACA or ACCA qualified
- 3 years’ experience working with small business in an accounting practice
The role will involve: -
- Preparation of accounts for sole traders, partnerships, limited companies and charities.
- Completing monthly bookkeeping and quarterly VAT returns.
- Use of computer software including IRIS, Sage, Xero and Quickbooks.
- Preparation of income tax and corporation tax computations and returns.
- Assistance with the preparation and filing of Construction Industry Scheme returns.
- Assisting trainee accountants within the team.
- Ensuring work is completed to a high standard and on time.
- Dealing with client queries and building ongoing client relationships.
- Other ad-hoc assignments as assigned by the Head of Small Business
- Ensuring that adequately trained and experienced staff are allocated to assignments to ensure that work is completed as cost effectively as possible.
- Ensuring that clients’ work is dealt with in a timely manner.
Strong, confident communicator with directors and otherwise excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) are essential to the role.
Role: Full Time
Salary: £27,000.00 to £33,000 depending on experience
36 days holiday - inclusive of Bank Holidays/Christmas period
Staff Pension scheme
Buy and Sell Holidays
Flexible working arrangements