Accountant / Manager
|Job Title:||Accountant / Manager|
|Contact Name:||Steve Haslehurst|
|Job Published:||July 19, 2019 16:57|
Bennett Brooks Chartered Accountants, a successful and established firm with 7 UK based offices, is looking for an Accountant/Manager to join our Chester based team.
Assisting the Chester Office Director in growing a varied cloud-based portfolio of business clients you will be at the forefront of developing our cloud-based accountancy offering.
You will be ACA/ACCA qualified with a minimum of 2 years’ experience working within practice and will be keen to work within a busy team and enjoy client interaction.
This role would suit a candidate who is looking for a hands-on client facing role in a growing
cloud-based accountancy practice.
A successful candidate will have the following skills and experiences:
Looking for a self-starter with good technical skills along with excellent client skills and a positive attitude to help grow a new area for our business, in particular:
- ACA or ACCA qualified, 5 years PQE
- The ability to complete accounts preparation assignments through to partner review stage using a range of software tools
- A good level of understanding of FRS102 including Section 1A
- Working knowledge of IRIS would be essential
- Excellent or developing knowledge of, and a passion for, Xero, QuickBooks, other cloud accounting apps and tools and cloud-based payment systems would also be essential
- Experience of “Xero App Advisory” projects desirable
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent organisational skills to manage large portfolio of clients and non-chargeable activities
- Eye for detail and high level of accuracy
- The ability to manage a small team of accountants, this will include reviewing their work, training and supervising
- Willingness, experience and confidence to train clients how to use the cloud software on a one to one/small group basis and also in seminar format
- Experience giving advice to clients relevant to level of experience
- Networking experience desirable
Strong, confident communicator with directors and otherwise excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) are essential to the role.
Role: Full Time
Salary: £35,000.00 to £45,000 depending on experience
36 days holiday - inclusive of Bank Holidays/Christmas period
Staff Pension scheme
Buy and Sell Holidays
Flexible working arrangements