Graduate - Accounts and Outsourcing Trainee Accountant
|Job Title:||Graduate - Accounts and Outsourcing Trainee Accountant|
|Contact Name:||Jo Kay|
|Job Published:||October 01, 2020 14:39|
Accounts and Outsourcing Trainee Accountant
We are currently recruiting for Accounts and Outsourcing Trainee Accountants to join Kreston Reeves across all our offices. Please state on your application your preferred office location, however we cannot guarantee this.
We offer the following qualifications to our students; Graduates will study towards the ACA qualification and school leavers will either take part in the Cfab or ACCA qualification.
Kreston Reeves advise dynamic businesses, not for profit organisations, private individuals and families on all areas of business, tax and wealth. We help clients make confident decisions about their future.
With offices across London, Kent and Sussex and international reach via Kreston International, we are dedicated to meeting and exceeding the needs of all our clients wherever their ambition takes them.
We provide a full range of accountancy, business advisory and financial services that will help clients to achieve their personal and business goals. You will be fully supported in developing your skills in an environment where technology is rapidly changing the skill sets of an accountant.
We are looking for a trusted and valid member of staff to join the current team.
Firm Culture and Benefits
Having started out over 100 years ago, we are long-standing employers across our office communities in Kent, Sussex, London - and beyond. We’re really proud of the reputation we’ve built and we’re grateful to our people for making it stronger every day. Our strong commitment to living our firm’s values means we listen carefully to our teams and enjoy helping each other succeed – creating a culture in which our employees can thrive and provide the highest service to our clients.
We want all our employees to be rewarded for their hard work and enjoy a balanced lifestyle, which is why we offer benefits such as agile working, and an engagement programme centred around mental health and wellbeing.
We are also proud of our active Corporate and Social Responsibility (CSR) programme. Our own Kreston Reeves Charity Foundation enables us to consistently ‘give back’ to our local communities wherever we can, as well as provide opportunities for our employees to get more involved in charitable work and in choosing the causes which benefit from the Foundation. We give all of our employees the option to take one day paid each year for volunteering so they can support the charitable causes closest to them.
Other benefits we offer our employees include up to 5% contribution on our pension scheme and a grade specific flexible benefit pot to use throughout the year on a range of benefits (including mandatory Private health plan, Death in service and Income protection) from gym membership and restaurant discount cards, to travel insurance and additional health insurance - and much more.
We are proud of the positive culture and flexible working environment our employees enjoy.
Each year we recruit graduates and school leavers to undertake a three or four-year training contract in order to become a qualified Accountant. Training is undertaken with a leading provider. You will be given periods of block release to attend courses with exams being spread over the three or four year period. Our student training programme ensures that trainees are kept up to date with current processes and technical knowledge. We support them with regular reviews and feedback to help assist them in achieving their maximum potential.
The objectives of the role
To become a qualified accountant, to be involved in a wide range of different tasks, from assisting clients with management accounting, producing financial statements and associated tax.
Typical tasks during the period of training, will include:
- Posting clients transaction on to the accounts production software, from either the client’s software or manual records.
- Review and analyse the transactions to ensure correct postings, and post necessary journals for accounting adjustments and provisions.
- Reconciliation of balance sheet items, obtaining supporting evidence where necessary, and engage in client conversations to aid in our understanding of more complex transactions.
- Advise the client of any adjustments made by way of year end journal adjustments, and in some cases post these transactions for the client. Giving consideration as to how these adjustments impact direct and indirect taxes.
- Ensure the statutory accounts produced contain the relevant accounting polices and notes, and the transactions have been classified correctly.
- Consider events since the balance sheet date and their potential implication on the accounts in terms of adjustment and disclosure.
- Attend client meetings with managers/partners to present the accounts, and on ad hoc occasions throughout the year.
- Provide on the job training to subsequent student intake
- Feedback to juniors on work undertaken to assist in their progression
- Accountable for setting budgets on jobs, updating budgets
- Involvement in the billing of clients, proposing bills, raising them, and cash collection.
- Plan work effectively so that relevant filing deadlines with Companies House and HM revenue and customs are met.
- Discuss with clients and make suggestions to their bookkeeping software used, and any add on’s that might be appropriate, and ensure its compliant for legislative change such as Making Tax Digital.
- Keep up to date with the software’s available to clients in an ever-changing environment.
- Assisting clients on running reports and posting entries on to their software system.
- Production/Review of monthly/quarterly management accounts
- Production/review/submission of quarterly VAT returns
- Prepare tax computations based on accounts produced, and review of tax sensitive items.
- Prepare self assessment tax returns, partnership tax returns and Corporation tax returns.
- Submission of self-assessment tax returns to HMRC.
- Advising clients as to how tax liabilities arise, payment dates, and tax planning opportunities for future years.
- Liaising with HMRC over VAT/PAYE/coding notice/payment plans/enquiries.
- Preparation of P11ds
- General business advice to clients in the course of our work
- Be prepared to study in your own time to make sure you get the most from your studies and achieve exam success
- Attend tuition and revision courses with a leading training provider, as well as attend internal student courses
- Enthusiasm and an interest in business and accountancy
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Effective time management
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability and desire to learn and develop, and adapt to change
- Knowledge of the firm
- GCSE’s Maths and English Grade C or above
- ‘Good’ A levels, OR
Please advise us why we should consider your application.
- GCSE’s Maths and English Grade C or above
- 2:1, OR
- 2:2 with ‘good’ A levels, OR
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Graduate trainee chartered accountant - accounts and audit team
Audit and Accounts Trainee
Accounts and Tax Trainee
21000 - 26000
Graduate Trainee Chartered Accountant
Competitive salary and comprehensive training package
Graduate Trainee Accountant
circa £26K pa plus comprehensive benefits package and 6 monthly salary reviews