|Job Title:||Accounts Assistant|
|Salary:||21000 - 25000|
|Contact Name:||Deborah Smith|
|Job Published:||August 19, 2021 15:34|
Our name drives our daily focus, to proactively enable clients to move closer to realising their business aspirations. We are passionate about always having our clients’ best interests at heart in everything we do and inspiring our clients, adding value to their businesses and promoting tax efficiencies.
We are a busy firm of accountants, business and tax advisers in Wimborne, Dorset and we’re looking for an Accounts Assistant to help us move the practice into the next phase of our development strategy.
The practice provides a range of accounting, tax and advisory services to individuals and SME businesses. Services include tax & business advisory, preparation of statutory and management accounts, employer services, company secretarial, business advisory, finance department outsourcing and technical accounting assistance.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
Reporting directly to the Accounts Manager, the successful candidate will be a key team member. Main responsibilities will include the below elements, depending on qualifications and experience:
- Looking after a portfolio of VAT Return & accounts clients
- Assisting in developing our management reporting products
- Preparation of financial accounts and rental statements
- Assisting in the development of accounting processes, including electronic working papers and internal analysis tools etc.
- Assisting in developing and promoting our Making Tax Digital platform
- Assisting the accounts team & liaising with the tax and payroll teams
- Client record reviews etc.
This is an ideal role for someone who has the following qualities and is looking to develop their career within the accountancy practice profession:
- A ‘switched-on’ person who is self-motivated
- A problem solver who thinks ‘outside the box’
- A positive team player who is confident to communicate with clients and promote our practice and values
- Great IT skills, with a high level working knowledge of core Microsoft products, IRIS & Sage
- Good grades in the core secondary and tertiary education subjects. A solid and progressive CV
- Previous accountancy practice experience is essential
- Keen to learn and help us achieve our objectives
- AAT qualified
- ACCA or ACA: Interested in or part qualified & looking to complete
- Experience in using IRIS and other accounting software, such as Sage and Xero
- Competitive salary depending on qualifications and experience
- Assistance & support with study towards a professional qualification (AAT, ACCA, ACA)
- In house training
- We are in the process of becoming a recognised ICAEW training firm
- Flexible working
- Holiday purchase option
- Company pension
- Free parking and working in a brand-new modern office
- Fresh fruit and snacks
If you are looking for a role where you will be working for a forward-thinking business and as part of a great team, then this is for you.
Please forward your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org A.S.A.P.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Accounts Assistant / Accountant
Accounts Assistant – Property / Real Estate
23000 - 30000 + Study + Benefits
Accounts Semi Senior
18000 - 25000
Audit and Accounts Semi Senior
27000 - 33000
CFAB Audit and Accounts Trainee
Competitive starting salary