|Job Title:||Accounts Assistant|
|Contact Name:||Chris Howden|
|Job Published:||January 09, 2020 16:01|
Reporting to the Accounts Senior and/or Managers, you will be responsible for the preparation of year end accounts and preparation of draft tax returns. You will be AAT Level 3 or 4 qualified, with a drive to continue studying for the relevant professional experience with a view to becoming a qualified accountant.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of draft financial statements from client’s documentation
- Preparation of accounts for a variety of clients (sole traders, partnerships, limited companies, LLPs and charities)
- Preparation of draft corporation tax computations and liaison with tax team
- Liaison with and dealing with basic client queries
- Review of client records with a view to recommending improvements to clients records and processes
- Assistance with drafting engagement letters for dispatch to client well in advanced of accounts assignment.
- Preparation of all draft documents including letter of representation and minutes where necessary
- To ensure necessary adjustments are made to accounts before they are finalised and that disclosure checklists are completed.
- Management accounts preparation
- Delegate analysis work to more junior staff and monitor progress, including reviewing work once complete.
- Travelling to client premises as required and to deal with clients in a professional manner either in person, telephone or by email.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Qualified at either AAT L3 or L4 or part-qualified ACA/ACCA
- Competent in Microsoft office, including Excel and Word
- Ability to prioritise workload in order to achieve work deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- To demonstrate good timekeeping skills as well as displaying a professional attitude in all aspects of their work.
- To demonstrate the ability to use initiative as well as develop an understanding of when to ask questions
- The ability to communicate with different levels of employees
- The ability to assist with junior team members
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's