|Job Title:||Accounts assistant|
|Contract Type:||School Leavers|
|Salary:||16000 - 26000|
|Contact Name:||Katie Halsall|
|Job Published:||April 29, 2021 14:05|
To work as a key member of the client team, undertaking all support services for clients on their allocated portfolio, assisting other team members as required to provide the highest standards of client service.
Constantly looking at things from a client’s point of view – the client always comes first.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Responsible for a full range of compliance services for a small portfolio of clients.
- Ensuring all work is completed to the high standards expected in advance of deadlines
- Undertaking daily/weekly/monthly bookkeeping for your client portfolio, ensuring all transactions are allocated and help is sought from seniors on a timely basis
- Sending queries to clients on a weekly basis, resolving all queries and updating working papers
- Ensuring client records (including rolling working papers) are maintained to a high standard which will allow a seamless transition to year end accounts.
- Preparing statutory accounts for companies, partnerships, LLPs and sole traders, working from source documents / records to final accounts for review by seniors.
- Clearing all review points raised on the work undertaken and updating working papers and conclusions where appropriate.
- Preparing detailed lists of information required and queries and drafting emails for clients
- Preparing signing packs and submitting accounts to Companies House
- Drafting VAT returns for clients on portfolio in advance of deadlines
- Sending queries to clients and resolving in order to finalise returns for review
- Preparing corporation tax returns for companies for review by senior
- Ensuring CT600s are filed with HMRC once approved by clients, and in advance of deadlines, advising clients of CT payments due.
- Preparation of personal tax returns for review by senior
- Ensuring PT returns are filed in advance of deadlines, advising clients of PT payments due
- Undertaking new client tax admin for clients on your portfolio
Payroll and P11Ds
- Collecting information to allow the timely completion of monthly payrolls and P11Ds
- Preparing and sending schedules for director only payrolls to client for approval
- Posting monthly payroll journals
- Assisting with the preparation and submission of PSC returns and other documentation relating to Registered Office or Company Secretarial matters
Management accounts and finance function *
- Preparation of management accounts for review by the senior
- Providing a finance function as agreed within the service level agreement
- Undertaking audit work as required, either at client premises or in the office
- Attending stock takes and writing up detailed notes and results.
*Dependent upon experience
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Competitive Salary + Benefits + Study Support
18500 - 25000
16000 - 25000
Accounts Assistant / Accountant
Accounts Assistant - Graduate ACA Trainee
Starting salary £22,500 increasing through exam progression