Starting salary £22,500 increasing through exam progression
14 days ago
Andy Nash Accounting & Consultancy
This role is an ACA training role and whilst studying for your ACA qualification you will gain experience providing accounting support to a broad spectrum of not-for-profit clients across the UK. Your tasks will include providing day to day financial support to a number of clients, including book-keeping and support an Accountant with producing management and statutory accounts for those clients, as well involvement in independent examinations. You will be an enthusiastic and pro-active individual who loves being an integral part of a small and dedicated team.
You will be looking to spend the next three years with us as ICAEW ACA trainee as we are an ICAEW training firm and will support you in completing your qualification. You will start your time as an Accounts Assistant, reporting directly to one of our Accountants initially, but will progress to Accountant level by the end of your qualification, leading your own jobs and managing client relationships. This is a brilliant opportunity to learn from a sector specialist firm and become an integral part of a fast-growing firm with ambitions to be the best in its field.
Most importantly, you will have a proven track record either directly in or supporting the not-for-profit sector, and a desire to commit to working within the sector longer term.
Goodsheds Container Village, Hood Road, Barry, CF62 – due to the training nature of this role there will be little opportunity for home working.
35 hours a week.
- Complete required training courses and examinations as per of the ACA qualification.
- Providing day to day accounting support including book-keeping, payroll and other support to a number of clients
- Supporting an Accountant with production of management accounts and statutory accounts
- Supporting an Accountant with wider advice to clients on wider strategic area including forecasting and budgeting.
- Preparing draft VAT and corporation tax returns where applicable, including Theatre Tax Relief and Orchestral Tax Relief claims.
- Support on independent examinations of clients.
- Attend meetings with clients on management accounts and other reports, with an Accountant, via both conference calling facilities and face to face.
- Other tasks as requested by your line manager.
Required - will be tested both via the application and interview.
- Minimum 2:1 degree
- 3 A level passes at grade A-C (or equivalent)
- GCSE Maths and English at grade B or above (or equivalent)
- Experience of working in or supporting the not-for-profit sector.
- Discretion and trustworthiness: you will often be party to confidential information.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Highly organised and a real ability to multitask.
- A good knowledge of MS Office packages.
- Able to travel to and work at different locations across the UK.
Desirable - may be tested both via the application and interview.
- Minimum 2:1 degree in a relevant discipline such as Maths/Business Management/Finance.
- Experience of working with cloud-based accounting solutions such as Xero.
This role fits within the level 1 of the firm’s competency framework which is available on request.
About the firm
Andy Nash Accounting & Consultancy has been born from a desire to provide charities with an accounting option which has the specialist technical knowledge akin to that found within the charity teams of the top 20 accounting firms but with the personable and consistent working relationships found when partnering with smaller firms. At Andy Nash Accounting & Consultancy, we see our clients as far more than just an important asset - they are part of the family.
Focusing on not-for-profit entities means that we understand the sector and any members of our team must have a similar focus. We believe this is essential to enable us to provide the high-level quality that all our clients deserve.
We are committed to our staff’s welfare and wider development and have a real desire to feel like a family firm - our greatest asset is our staff and so we take great pride in ensuring that you feel supported and developed in both your career and wider life.
Our founder, Andy Nash is an ICAEW ACA qualified accountant with significant experience in the third sector, including senior positions at Christian Aid and Lessons for Life Foundation. He was a finalist at the Business Finance Awards 2016 and was named by Financial Director as one of the top 35 finance professionals under 35 in May 2016. He is also a committed Christian and this is an essential part of the vision of the firm.