|Job Title:||Accounts Associate|
|Contract Type:||School Leavers|
|Job Published:||January 06, 2020 12:07|
Reporting to your superiors, this position involves working in the Business Services Accounts team, with the provision of appropriate training to obtain the relevant professional experience and becoming a qualified accountant. The main purpose of the role is the completion of accounts tasks as agreed at the planning stage of accounts preparation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting with small and large assignments both in/out of the office using a computerised accounts preparation system
- Producing files for review
- Preparation of draft documentation
- Preparation of accounts for a variety of
- Preparation of corporation tax
- Liaison with and dealing with basic client queries
- Prepare accounts for a variety of clients including sole traders, partnerships, LLP’s and Limited companies etc.
- Preparation of all draft documents including letter of representation, minutes to approve the accounts and all other relevant documentation to accompany accounts to client for signature.
- Arrange for tax computation to be prepared by the tax team and provides them with all the data which they have requested, along with a drafted tax comp. Subsequently posts tax journals and update the accounts file for the tax computation received.
- To download information from Companies House and to take into account the impact of changes in share capital, shareholders, directors etc when preparing limited company accounts.
- Assist clients with completion of their book-keeping tasks and software queries as required.
- Management accounts preparation
- To deal with clients in relation to requests for information to support accounting entries.
- To initiate return of records to clients.
- To undertake and complete the AAT/ACA qualification
Knowledge Skills & Experience
- Achieved A-C/9-4 grades (including Maths and English) at GCSE
- Achieved A-C grades at A Level or equivalent
- Graduates will be considered for the role
- Competent in Microsoft office, including Excel and Word
- Ability to balance workload with the pressures of studying for a professional qualification
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as working as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure in able to meet time deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional and organised approach to work
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's