|Job Title:||Accounts Semi-Senior|
|Contact Name:||Anna Gibbs|
|Job Published:||June 11, 2019 15:36|
Reporting to the Accounts Manager, this position is designed to provide a broad but high level of client service to small (non-audited) clients, primarily owner managed businesses including sole traders, companies and partnerships. The main purpose of the role is the preparation of year end accounts; preparation of tax returns and providing business advice to clients. You will continue with studying to complete your professional experience with a view to become a qualified accountant.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparation of accounts for a variety of small clients.
- Preparation of all draft documents including letter of representation and minutes
- Arrange for tax computation to be prepared by the tax team and provide them with all the data which they have requested, along with a drafted tax comp. Subsequently posts tax journals and update the accounts file for the tax computation received.
- Highlights any deficiencies in client records provided or in the conduct of the client’s business which are material or a cause for concern and recommends action to client to improve matters.
- To ensure necessary adjustments are made to accounts before they are finalised and that disclosure checklists are completed.
- Management accounts preparation
- Delegate analysis work to more junior staff and monitor progress, including reviewing work once complete.
- Travelling to client premises as required and to deal with clients in a professional manner either in person, telephone or by email.
- To complete the ACA qualification.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Part qualified currently studying towards the ACA qualification
- Previous demonstrable practice experience
- Experience in the preparation of financial statements.
- Experience of working with Sage 50 Accounts.
- Experience of working with Xero.
- Experience in the preparation of corporation tax computations and personal tax returns.
- Competent in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
- Team player able to develop good relationships with clients and within the firm
- Ability to manage workload and time effectively.
- Self-motivation and positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Effectively solve problems
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
23000 - 27000
ACA Graduate Audit & Accounts Trainee
17000 - 20000
ACA Graduate Audit, Accounts & Tax Trainee
North West London
Competetive + ACA funding
Accounts Semi Senior – Live role, September Start
25000 - 30000
Part-Qualified ACA Trainee