Accounts Semi Senior
|Job Title:||Accounts Semi Senior|
|Location:||Newcastle upon Tyne|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Elizabeth Owens|
|Job Published:||January 10, 2020 14:09|
Job Title: Accounts Semi Senior
Location: Seaton Burn
Ref: North 214
As a Semi Senior at our Seaton Burn office you will be working alongside trained accountants assisting them with day to day activities such as preparing accounts for sole traders, limited companies and partnerships alongside basic tax computations and returns. You will also be involved in the preparation of book keeping and VAT returns, using a range of accounting packages to ensure our clients are MTD compliant.
Our Seaton Burn office have around 30 staff within the team and are now seeking a Semi Senior with previous experience of working in public practice, and who is looking for career progression.
Baldwins are one of the fastest growing accountancy practices in the UK with over 3200 staff in 95+ office locations. Baldwins is part of the Cogital Group which has 6,000 people operating from 185 offices in 7 countries.
We work with all types of businesses from sole traders to large national corporations. As a Group we have grown significantly both organically and by acquisition and by using a consultative approach we can offer a wide range of Business solutions, across Accounting, Audit, Tax, Payroll, Corporate Finance and Restructuring & Insolvency.
As an Accounts Semi Senior at our Seaton Burn office, your main responsibilities will include:
- Work alongside trained accountants
- Prepare accounts for sale traders, limited companies & partnerships
- Prepare basic tax computations and returns
- Utilise accounting software
- Communicate with the team on any issues or findings
- Develop and apply technical knowledge gained from studies and on the job experience
- Have an awareness of the various services provided by the Baldwins Group
- Maintain a professional working relationship with both clients and the wider Baldwins team
- AAT Qualified, already working towards your ACCA or ACA qualification but not essential
- An eagerness to learn and progress
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- A strong interest in business
- Organised and able to meet strict deadlines
- Competent numerical and IT skills
Our clients deserve the best, the same goes for our people. You will receive a competitive salary and the following benefits package:
- Free onsite parking
- 25 days holiday plus statutory
- Full study support depending on the role you are coming in at - We work closely with Kaplan to provide our students with full study support for their specialised qualification (e.g. AAT, ACA, ACCA, ATT, CTA).
- Employee benefits portal including offers on retail, health, wellbeing, days out, restaurants etc.
- 4 x Death in service benefit
- Employee referral scheme – We are constantly seeking talented and skilled individuals to join the Baldwins brand, if an employee successfully introduces a person to Baldwins you will receive a highly competitive bonus.
- Employee assistance program – 24hr 365-day service to counselling and advisory service.
- Eyecare vouchers
Our core values & behaviours underpin what Baldwins is all about. These are the foundations that we will continue to build and develop our business on as we move forward. Along with roles and responsibilities definitions, these core values & behaviours are what we expect to be displayed by all staff and partners at all levels and at all times. Consistently demonstrating the behaviours allows the group to grow and achieve our goals of happy staff, happy clients and financial strength.
Learning and Development is an integral part of the Baldwins Group. We aim to provide the best support to our people to ensure that their development and knowledge is at the best level possible through professional qualifications, online training and self-development.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Accounts and Outsourcing Semi Senior
Top 80 Audit & Accounts Semi Senior
24000 - 30000 + ACA Study Support
Top 50 Accounts Semi Senior – Management Accounts
28000 - 35000 + ACA Study + Benefits
Top 50 Outsourcing & Management Accounts Semi Senior
28000 - 35000 + ACA Study + Benefits
Audit & Accounts Semi Senior – Top 60 firm
25000 - 33000 + ACA Study + Benefits