Accounts Semi Senior
|Job Title:||Accounts Semi Senior|
|Location:||Ashby de la Zouch|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Elizabeth Owens|
|Job Published:||February 17, 2020 15:10|
Job Title: Accounts Semi Senior
As an Accounts Semi-Senior at our Ashby office you will be responsible for the preparation of accounts alongside basic tax computations for sole traders, partnerships, small limited companies and small charities. You will also be liaising with clients and working closely with Client Managers.
Baldwins are one of the fastest growing accountancy practices in the UK with over 3200 staff in 95+ office locations. Baldwins is part of the Cogital Group which has 6,000 people operating from 185 offices in 7 countries.
We work with all types of businesses from sole traders to large national corporations. As a Group we have grown significantly both organically and by acquisition and by using a consultative approach we can offer a wide range of Business solutions, across Accounting, Audit, Tax, Payroll, Corporate Finance and Restructuring & Insolvency.
As a Semi Senior at our Ashby Office, your responsibilities will include:
- Complete year-end accounts to manager final review stage for sole traders, partnerships, LLPs and limited companies,
- Complete personal and partnership tax returns to include PAYE, unearned income, tax deductions, pensions, self-employed and partnership income
- Complete business tax returns
- Have a good understanding of VAT and monthly/quarterly accounting procedures for owner-managed businesses
- Complete client bookkeeping and VAT returns either at our offices or our client premises
- Maintain a personal development plan to update technical knowledge through formal and informal training to recognised standards
- Be able, knowledgeable and competent on Microsoft Word, Excel and ideally Sage and be able to learn new accounting programs within short timescales
- Undertake other reasonable business tasks as delegated or requested within the practice and actively participate in the activities and needs of the company
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a professional office
- Able to expand by your own example, client interaction, fee growth and personal development into a more senior role over time
- Have general business awareness gained either in a business-orientated accounts practice or industry.
- Be team orientated, need to get involved and recognise that your personal drive will influence your own and the team’s performance
- Enjoy working to deadlines and are focused enough to want to exceed our customers’ requests
Our clients deserve the best, the same goes for our people. You will receive a competitive salary and the following benefits package:
- Free onsite parking
- 25 days holiday plus statutory
- Full study support depending on the role you are coming in at - We work closely with Kaplan to provide our students with full study support for their specialised qualification (e.g. AAT, ACA, ACCA, ATT, CTA).
- Employee benefits portal including offers on retail, health, wellbeing, days out, restaurants etc.
- 4 x Death in service
- Employee referral scheme – We are constantly seeking talented and skilled individuals to join the Baldwins brand, if an employee successfully introduces a person to Baldwins you will receive a highly competitive bonus.
- Employee assistance program – 24hr 365-day service to counselling and advisory service.
- Eyecare vouchers
Our core values & behaviours underpin what Baldwins is all about. These are the foundations that we will continue to build and develop our business on as we move forward. Along with roles and responsibilities definitions, these core values & behaviours are what we expect to be displayed by all staff and partners at all levels and at all times. Consistently demonstrating the behaviours allows the group to grow and achieve our goals of happy staff, happy clients and financial strength.
Learning and Development is an integral part of the Baldwins Group. We aim to provide the best support to our people to ensure that their development and knowledge is at the best level possible through professional qualifications, online training and self-development.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Accounts Semi Senior / Accounts Senior
28000 - 35000
Accounts Semi Senior – Live role, September Start
25000 - 30000
Audit Semi Senior
Semi Senior Auditor
Top 10 Internal Audit Semi Senior – Part Qualified ACA
25000 - 30000 + ACA Study Support