|Job Title:||Accounts Trainee|
|Contract Type:||School Leavers|
|Salary:||9000 - 11000|
|Reference:||REF - 3|
|Contact Name:||Beth Lewis|
|Job Published:||June 21, 2021 13:57|
Under the direction of an experienced accounts clerk your focus will be on Accounts preparation for limited companies, partnerships and sole traders. You will also gain experience in preparing basic tax returns and the compilation of tax computations plus preparation of VAT returns.
Responsibilities – Accounts Role
- Undertake basic accounts preparation using the firms’ office manual and client care procedures to ensure all department assignments are completed to the same high standard.
- Accurately complete all assignments within agreed timetables to ensure assignments are completed on time.
- Investigate and resolve, where possible, problems arising during the assignments and notify your supervisor of unresolved problems to ensure they are addressed on time.
- Record work in a clear and concise manner, ensuring all working papers are legible and well presented to allow other team members to clearly understand the work completed.
- Ensure all outgoing work is proof read and authorised according to the firms’ procedures.
- Keep Supervisors, Managers and Partners up to date on all dealings with clients.
- Maintain time recording on client affairs on a daily basis in accordance with the firms’ procedures.
- Liaise with other departments as necessary.
- Market the firm and help to bring in new clients at every available opportunity.
- Ensure computer skills are developed and maintained to ensure effective completion of work.
- One of the main benefits of joining a trainee scheme is that you'll get access to training, without having to pay for it yourself. Getting good qualifications and experience are the best way of making sure that you'll go on to have a successful career in the future.
- To attain the AAT qualification, you will be required to attend college, usually on a day release basis, as well as working within our offices to gain some practical experience.
- In committing to support you through your studies, we will have made the judgement that you are capable of attaining the qualification in a reasonable space of time e.g. completion of a full level every twelve months. We will review our assessment of this with you at the end of each study stage.
- It is your responsibility to attend college on the day assigned to your course and act in a professional manner at all times.
- On days when you are unable to attend college e.g. compulsory holidays, you will be required to attend our office in the usual manner, unless agreed in advance with the Partner that you work for.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's