Adviser - Cloud Accounting
|Job Title:||Adviser - Cloud Accounting|
|Contact Name:||Kathryn Rigbye|
|Job Published:||January 23, 2020 14:53|
PM+M is a vibrant, dynamic and award-winning firm of Chartered Accountants and business advisers, with offices in Blackburn, Burnley and Bury, covering East Lancashire, Greater Manchester and beyond. We have ambitious growth plans and our goal is to be the best north-west firm of finance professionals.
PM+M is a member of Praxity, the 7th largest global accountancy association and the largest association of independent firms. Being part of Praxity allows us to have strong international connections and a great source of secondment opportunities.
An opportunity has arisen to join the Cloud Accounting team.
Job purpose and primary objectives:
To work as part of the Cloud Accounting team providing an excellent service to our clients’ in accordance with the firm’s values, procedures, prevailing legislation and good professional practice so as to meet or exceed clients’ expectations and needs.
Duties and responsibilities:
· Bookkeeping on a monthly/quarterly basis using a variety of cloud based software (mainly Xero and QBO) alongside Apps to aid with efficiencies
· Completion of VAT returns and EC Sales Listings
· To be a part of our specialist Cloud Accounting division, supporting the Cloud Manager and Director in delivering projects to assist our clients
· Preparation of periodic management accounts both in-house and at clients’ premises
· Preparation of year end accounts
· Preparation of corporate tax returns including analysis of tax sensitive nominals
· Assisting with cloud conversions both in-house and at clients’ premises
· Being a trusted adviser to our clients, forming excellent client relationships for those whom you maintain the records for
· Being responsible for our service delivery and seeking opportunities to add value
· Supervising junior team members
· To be a buddy to a chosen, less experienced, team member, taking an active role in their work and development.
- Quarterly performance reviews, alongside an annual personal development plan, to ensure development is maintained to help you reach your full potential.
· Professional, technical and soft skill training.
We also want you to be:
· Keen to play an active role in a dynamic team and willing to contribute to the success of the team and the firm as a whole.
· Passionate about providing great client service.
· Great at communicating with people at all levels – face to face and in writing.
· Positive and good at using your initiative.
· Organised and good at working under pressure.
· Motivated and well organised.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be familiar with the use of recognised software applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and a tax return software package).
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills as there will be contact with clients at all levels.
- Have good organisational skills as well as the ability to take initiative and contribute to the effective running of the department.
- Have 3+ years practice experience.
- Be proficient in Cloud Accounting Software.
Salary: Dependent on experience
· 23.5 days’ holiday per annum + bank holidays (3.5 days to be used for the Christmas closedown)
· On site free parking
· Flexible benefits (salary sacrifice) scheme including a range of benefits such as private medical insurance, child care vouchers, extra holidays etc.
· Employer pension contribution of 8%
· Death in Service life cover of 4 x salary
· Full technical training and support
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's