Advisory Apprenticeship - Corporate Finance - Transaction Services - 2019
|Job Title:||Advisory Apprenticeship - Corporate Finance - Transaction Services - 2019|
|Contract Type:||School Leavers|
|Contact Name:||BDO Early In Career|
|Job Published:||November 05, 2018 15:52|
BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
BDO LLP operates in 17 offices across the UK, employing 3,500 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. BDO LLP has revenues of £428m and is the UK member firm of the BDO International network. The BDO global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 74,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide. It has revenues of $8.1bn.
BDO gives trainees all the training they need to attain their professional qualifications, along with extensive practical experience that includes on-site client work. The firm provides constant support to help you achieve your potential.
'Achieving My Potential’ is BDO’s organisational framework. It is made up of 4 key elements – core competencies, technical competencies, values and attitude. In essence, what you do and how you do it.
As businesses grow, so do the challenges they face. BDO’s advisory services help our clients to meet these challenges at every stage of their life cycle. Such key events might include buying a new business, or exiting one in order to extract maximum value. A business might run into financial difficulties – we can help there too, stepping in to stabilise and restructure the organisation.
We have other advisers who specialise in resolving legal disputes with a financial dimension (this is called forensic accounting) or in fighting fraud. A company may wish to expand internationally, float on a stock exchange, manage its risk or achieve specific long-term objectives – our advisory streams provide expert support in all these areas and more.
You will be required to use your previous experience and work closely with, and support senior members within the team, assist in the timely delivery of services and the provision of exceptional client service to ultimately help our clients to succeed. You will gain understanding and experience in the field of financial due diligence for corporate or strategic buyers, private equity or financial buyers and vendors, and of reporting accountant work for listed businesses.
As a Trainee in Transaction Services you study towards the CFAB and ACA in a 4 year structured programme around working and studying. You will also be expected to attend internal training programmes to support your development as a Transaction Services Trainee.
Business Area Overview
- Support delivery of Transaction Services projects playing a supporting role to senior members within the team
- Respond promptly to queries and requests and keep team members informed of project developments
- Undertake ‘hands on’ field work (including interpretation and analysis of information and report writing) in a variety of sectors as part of a team
- Produce discrete sections of reports containing minimal errors, in a clear, concise manner
- Establish good working relationships with clients and targets
- Support sales and marketing activities
- Assist with administration, compliance and ad hoc projects within the department
- Seek and take action on feedback and drive your own development
- Demonstrate a flexible approach to working practices including travelling to meeting client needs
- Demonstrate proficiency in basic business skills
- Demonstrate an understanding of the firm’s products, services and policies
Candidates must have, or be on course for the following grades (or international equivalent):
- 3 A Levels at grades A*- C, excluding General Studies and Extended Projects
- A*- C at GCSE in Maths & English Language
We are looking for candidates who demonstrate strengths which are aligned to: Business Thinking, Collaborating, Innovation and Change, Communicating, Developing Self and others, Decision Making.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Audit Apprenticeship Programme
0 - 0
Accountancy Apprenticeship 2020 - London
£24,207 per annum + benefits
Accountancy Apprenticeship 2020 - Newcastle
£18,580 per annum + benefits
ATT Apprenticeship Programme - September 2020 Start
AAT Apprenticeship Programme - September 2020 Start