Advisory Apprenticeship - Global Outsourcing
|Job Title:||Advisory Apprenticeship - Global Outsourcing|
|Contract Type:||School Leavers|
|Contact Name:||BDO Early In Career|
|Job Published:||October 29, 2018 17:23|
BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
BDO LLP operates in 17 offices across the UK, employing 3,500 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. BDO LLP has revenues of £428m and is the UK member firm of the BDO International network. The BDO global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 74,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide. It has revenues of $8.1bn.
BDO gives trainees all the training they need to attain their professional qualifications, along with extensive practical experience that includes on-site client work. The firm provides constant support to help you achieve your potential.
'Achieving My Potential’ is BDO’s organisational framework. It is made up of 4 key elements – core competencies, technical competencies, values and attitude. In essence, what you do and how you do it.
As businesses grow, so do the challenges they face. BDO’s advisory services help our clients to meet these challenges at every stage of their life cycle. Such key events might include buying a new business, or exiting one in order to extract maximum value. A business might run into financial difficulties – we can help there too, stepping in to stabilise and restructure the organisation. We have other advisers who specialise in resolving legal disputes with a financial dimension (this is called forensic accounting) or in fighting fraud. A company may wish to expand internationally, float on a stock exchange, manage its risk or achieve specific long-term objectives – our advisory streams provide expert support in all these areas and more.
The Global Outsourcing Accounts Team help relieve the challenges of statutory financial reporting for our clients; UK entities, mostly heading up or part of international groups with no UK financial reporting knowledge, complex financial reporting needs which they don’t have expertise to address or multiple entities which can be more effectively prepared offshore. The team also manage and quality assure the firm’s iXBRL offering.
A trainee accountant’s role will primarily involve working closely with and supporting senior members within the team and assisting in the timely delivery of services. You will gain understanding and experience in preparing a set of statutory financial statements from source records under supervision, preparing a consolidation, converting results between accounting standards and much more .
- Plan, execute and finalise engagements to prepare statutory financial statements under the supervision and guidance of senior members within the team
- Resolution of queries arising during the review process
- Providing a point of contact for the client
- Work as part of a team to provide ad hoc accounting assistance and ensure clients are provided with excellent service
- Act as a responsible representative of the firm in all dealings with the client
- Identify and understand client needs, communicating and agreeing these with the senior and the manager
- Rigorous project and financial management on all accounting work
Responsibility to Other Members of Staff
- Day to day contact with all members of the team and wider firm so that strong working relationships are developed
- Acting as a responsible member of the team, providing support, development and guidance to other members of the team
- Actively seeking self-development feedback
- Producing work for senior and manager review which requires little further input, clearly highlights issues and provides potential solutions to issues identified
Candidates must have, or be on course for the following grades (or international equivalent):
•3 A Levels at grades A*- C, excluding General Studies and Extended Projects
•A*- C at GCSE in Maths & English Language
We are looking for candidates who demonstrate strengths which are aligned to: Business Thinking, Collaborating, Innovation and Change, Communicating, Developing Self and Others & Decision Making.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's