Advisory Graduate - Business Restructuring
|Job Title:||Advisory Graduate - Business Restructuring|
|Contact Name:||BDO Early In Career|
|Job Published:||November 05, 2018 15:47|
BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
BDO LLP operates in 17 offices across the UK, employing 3,500 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. BDO LLP has revenues of £428m and is the UK member firm of the BDO International network. The BDO global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 74,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide. It has revenues of $8.1bn.
BDO gives trainees all the training they need to attain their professional qualifications, along with extensive practical experience that includes on-site client work. The firm provides constant support to help you achieve your potential.
'Achieving My Potential’ is BDO’s organisational framework. It is made up of 4 key elements – core competencies, technical competencies, values and attitude. In essence, what you do and how you do it.
The purpose of this role is to take responsibility for your own cases as well as assist senior staff in performing larger and more complex cases. Alongside this you will develop relevant technical and accountancy knowledge through on-the-job experience and studying for the ACCA qualification. This role is responsible to a designated senior group member on specific cases and ultimately to a dedicated counselling manager.
The Business Restructuring team work on a wide variety of dynamic projects and as a graduate you will receive exposure to a large number of assignments across both the insolvency and advisory teams. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone looking for a constant variety of unique challenges.
Advisory work usually involves assisting struggling businesses to stabilise their financial position. You will meet with the clients and gain an in-depth knowledge of their business, their financial position, how the financial difficulties arose and assist in the formulation of strategies to turn the business around. In many scenarios you will assist in the preparation of Independent Business Reviews (IBR). These are often demanding periods however senior staff will provide support and set aside time to explain the process allowing you to expand your knowledge. This role will require you to carry out analytical reviews of client data, assess a client’s current position, and critique future projections and cash flow forecasts.
In order to protect stakeholder interests we utilise a range of both solvent and insolvent restructuring tools. You will help to deliver a range of these solutions with the aim of maximising value for creditors, employees and other stakeholders. You will be responsible for assisting senior case staff in progressing assignments which may involve the sale of assets, negotiation with third parties, assisting with commercial trading matters, ensuring technical compliance is adhered to and providing information and support to creditors throughout the insolvency process.
You will gain a detailed understanding of:
- Pre-packaged administrations
- Accelerated Mergers & Acquisition (AMA) processes
- Insolvency Rules and managing company administrations and liquidations
- Trading administrations
- Independent Business Review (IBR)
- Contentious insolvency and litigation
- Contingency planning
- Options reviews
- Necessary accounting knowledge to pass the ACCA qualification
As a Business Restructuring Trainee your Programme is a three year structured programme around working and studying. You will study to become a qualified Chartered Accountant by the end of these three years and will receive all the support you will need to pass these ACCA exams.
- Assume day to day responsibility for cases
- Support the managers of the team to deliver on assignment
- Prepare statutory and technical compliance documents
- Deal with correspondence effectively and efficiently
- Liaise with relevant agents / solicitors to obtain appropriate advice
- Undertake basic investigations into debtor's / directors' / company's affairs
- Basic office admin, including filing, copying, casting and reviewing documents
- Assisting at meetings with debtor / company directors
- Review and compile documents received by directors of a company
- Research and analyse company information using a variety of tools, such as, company searches and Land Registry searches
- Behave in a professional manner when attending client sites
- This is a client facing role and so confidence and communication are key
- Highlight potential problems to senior staff quickly (with supporting information)
- Be involved in the marketing of the firm's services to potential clients and work providers
- Prepare statutory reports which comply with regulations and ensure relevant data is captured
- Ensure compliance and reporting deadlines are adhered to
- Assist in the preparation of simple reports, including VAT & Tax returns (liaising as necessary with the tax department), and clean returns to DTI in respect of directors' conduct
- Familiarise and gain working knowledge of all regulatory and statutory requirements, including SIP and best practice, Risk Management and Money Laundering
- Assist managers by preparing conflict searches and certain sections of the client acceptance documentation, such as anti-money laundering, as appropriate
- Accurately prepare schedules and receipts and payments accounts, for review by senior staff
- Undertake all bank reconciliations on own caseload and on colleagues’ caseloads as required
- Assist in the sale of the business and the Companies assets
- Perform other relevant duties and responsibilities as delegated
Candidates must have, or be on course for the following grades (or international equivalent):
- A minimum 2.2 degree in any discipline;
- 3 A Levels at grades A*- C, excluding General Studies and Extended Projects
- A*- C at GCSE in Maths & English Language
We are looking for candidates who demonstrate strengths which are aligned to: Business Thinking, Collaborating, Innovation and Change, Communicating, Developing Self and others, Decision Making.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Associate/Assistant Manager, Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS), Nicosia, Cyprus
0 - 0
Graduate Trainee Accountant (ACA)
Graduate Trainee Scheme FY21, EY Cyprus
0 - 0
Senior Auditor- EY Assurance Services, Nicosia, Cyprus
0 - 0