Advisory Graduate - Financial Services Advisory - 2019
|Job Title:||Advisory Graduate - Financial Services Advisory - 2019|
|Contact Name:||BDO Early In Career|
|Job Published:||September 10, 2018 12:47|
BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
BDO LLP operates in 17 offices across the UK, employing 3,500 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. BDO LLP has revenues of £428m and is the UK member firm of the BDO International network. The BDO global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 74,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide. It has revenues of $8.1bn.
BDO gives trainees all the training they need to attain their professional qualifications, along with extensive practical experience that includes on-site client work. The firm provides constant support to help you achieve your potential.
'Achieving My Potential’ is BDO’s organisational framework. It is made up of 4 key elements – core competencies, technical competencies, values and attitude. In essence, what you do and how you do it.
Financial institutions are exposed to risk on a daily basis and have additional pressure from regulators, such as the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the Prudential Regulatory Authority (PRA), to comply with the complex regulatory framework. If institutions cannot comply with applicable regulations, they are at risk of reputational damage and enforcement action.
The BDO Financial Services Advisory team guide clients through the growing complexity of the UK market and regulatory demands - whether that be through internal audit, ad-hoc assurance reviews or advisory engagements.
The FS Advisory team work on a wide variety of clients from banking institutions, to asset managers, insurers and capital markets firms. The team has a huge wealth of expertise within the financial services industry, with a particular focus on:
- Governance structures
- Prudential Risk and Compliance
- Financial Crime
- Regulatory Compliance – currently focusing on GDPR, SM&CR and MIFID II
- Authorisation and mobilisation
As an Advisory Trainee, you will undertake a 3 year structured programme. You will study towards an appropriate qualification, usually the ACA (from the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales) or an equivalent industry qualification, whilst gaining invaluable professional experience.
Business Area Overview:
- Delivering internal audit and assurance reviews across a wide variety of financial services businesses.
- Assessing the arrangements that our clients have in place to manage a given risk area against regulatory and industry best practice.
- Investigating potential regulatory breaches by assessing documentation, evaluating the control environment and conducting interviews.
- Providing solutions to client needs, including forming recommendations to help clients more effectively manage risk.
- Presenting findings to a diverse audience through written reports and presentations.
- Responding to client queries and concerns in an efficient and professional manner.
- Helping to grow the practice by assisting partners and directors with proposals and new opportunities.
- Building internal and external relationships and networks.
- Coaching and assisting more junior employees on the team.
Candidates must have, or be on course for the following grades (or international equivalent):
- A minimum 2.2 degree in any discipline;
- 3 A Levels at grades A*- C, excluding General Studies and Extended Projects
- A*- C at GCSE in Maths & English Language
We are looking for candidates who demonstrate strengths which are aligned to: Business Thinking, Collaborating, Innovation and Change, Communicating, Developing Self and Others & Decision Making.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's