Competitive + benefits
BDO Early In Career
19 days ago
The BDO Forensic Accounting function is one of the most successful forensic practices in the UK, comprising of wide-ranging experts in dispute resolution, pre and post transaction forensic review; investigations, professional negligence and forensic technology. Our clients include UK and international companies, professional firms, regulators, governments and not-for-profit organisations.
There is no such thing as a typical assignment in Forensic Accounting. Our work can involve providing litigation support to clients and lawyers, acting as expert accountants in legal cases, investigating instances of fraud and undertaking regulatory investigations.
In Forensic Accounting you will need to be a good problem solver and have excellent analytical skills. Accuracy and attention to detail are paramount in the work we do, as is the ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and through written work. Much of our work is team based; so good team working skills are essential.
You could be part of a team working on any of the following type of assignments, in both the UK and overseas:
• providing expert accountancy services to parties involved in disputes, including quantification of losses and addressing issues of liability in relation to accounting matters
• performing regulatory investigations for regulated bodies, including government departments and agencies
• conducting fraud investigations for private and public entities and public bodies
• pre and post M&A transaction forensic services
• contentious business and share valuations
• acting as an independent accountant engaged to provide a determination on disputed issues between parties
• considering issues of professional negligence by other firms of accountants
BDO offer the globally recognised Association of Chartered Accountants (ACA) qualification as a Level 7 apprenticeship programme, enabling individuals to become qualified chartered accountants and member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW). The ACA qualification and apprenticeship provides a broad range of accounting, finance and business skills. It opens a wealth of opportunities. The duration of this programme is 36 months.
Business Area Overview
• Analysing large amounts of financial data and summarising the results for use in cases
• Undertaking company and industry research to draw conclusions on trends within certain sectors
• Performing electronic data reviews in order to identify key documents relevant to a case
• Creating Excel models designed to quantify losses suffered by a company as a result of, for example, breach of contract
• Preparing written reports suitable for use in Court or arbitration proceedings and/or to support our findings from fraud, corporate or regulatory investigations
• Building strong working relationships with new and established work referrers and clients and within the team
• Active involvement in business development activities (marketing)
• Assisting with the client take on process, client engagement, and maintaining client files another relevant administrative taxes to assist the team
• As you progress, assisting in overseeing and developing more junior team members
• Participating in group, stream and firm wide activities
• Successfully study towards your professional qualification and, where relevant, corresponding apprenticeship
Candidates must have, or be on course for the following grades (or international equivalent):
•A minimum 2.2 degree in any discipline;
•3 A Levels at grades A*- C, excluding General Studies and Extended Projects
•Grade 9-4 in English Language & Maths GCSE
We are looking for candidates who possess strengths that are aligned to: Business Thinking, Collaborating, Innovation and Change, Communicating, Developing Self and others, Decision Making, Reasoned judgement, and Analytical skills.