Advisory Graduate - Global Outsourcing
|Job Title:||Advisory Graduate - Global Outsourcing|
|Salary:||19000 - 24000|
|Job Published:||May 03, 2018 16:50|
As businesses grow, so do the challenges they face. BDO’s advisory services help our clients to meet these challenges at every stage of their life cycle. Such key events might include buying a new business, or exiting one in order to extract maximum value. A business might run into financial difficulties – we can help there too, stepping in to stabilise and restructure the organisation. We have other advisers who specialise in resolving legal disputes with a financial dimension (this is called forensic accounting) or in fighting fraud. A company may wish to expand internationally, float on a stock exchange, manage its risk or achieve specific long-term objectives – our advisory streams provide expert support in all these areas and more.
The Global Outsourcing Accounts Team help relieve the challenges of statutory financial reporting for our clients; UK entities, mostly heading up or part of international groups with no UK financial reporting knowledge, complex financial reporting needs which they don’t have expertise to address or multiple entities which can be more effectively prepared offshore. The team also manage and quality assure the firm’s iXBRL offering.
As a Trainee Accountant, your Programme is a 3 year programme structured around working and studying towards a professional qualification.
Business Area Overview
Trainee accountant’s role will primarily involve working closely with and supporting senior members within the team and assisting in the timely delivery of services. You will gain understanding and experience in preparing a set of statutory financial statements from source records under supervision, preparing a consolidation, converting results between accounting standards and much more.
• Plan, execute and finalise engagements to prepare statutory financial statements under the supervision and guidance of senior members within the team;
• Resolution of queries arising during the review process;
• Providing a point of contact for the client;
• Work as part of a team to provide ad hoc accounting assistance and ensure clients are provided with excellent service;
• Act as a responsible representative of the firm in all dealings with the client;
• Identify and understand client needs, communicating and agreeing these with the senior and the manager;
• Rigorous project and financial management on all accounting work.
Responsibility to Other Members of Staff:
• Day to day contact with all members of the team and wider firm so that strong working relationships are developed
• Acting as a responsible member of the team, providing support, development and guidance to other members of the team
• Actively seeking self-development feedback
• Producing work for senior and manager review which requires little further input, clearly highlights issues and provides potential solutions to issues identified
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's