Advisory Graduate - Tax Dispute Resolution - 2019
|Job Title:||Advisory Graduate - Tax Dispute Resolution - 2019|
|Contact Name:||BDO Early In Career|
|Job Published:||March 06, 2019 13:41|
BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
BDO LLP operates in 17 offices across the UK, employing 3,500 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. BDO LLP has revenues of £428m and is the UK member firm of the BDO International network. The BDO global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 74,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide. It has revenues of $8.1bn.
BDO gives trainees all the training they need to attain their professional qualifications, along with extensive practical experience that includes on-site client work. The firm provides constant support to help you achieve your potential.
'Achieving My Potential’ is BDO’s organisational framework. It is made up of 4 key elements – core competencies, technical competencies, values and attitude. In essence, what you do and how you do it.
When a taxpayer faces a tax investigation from H M Revenue & Customs (‘HMRC’), or decides to make a voluntary disclosure, they turn to us for expert support.
An investigation will typically take place under HMRC’s Code of Practice 8 or 9, or through a voluntary disclosure from the client. However, no two investigations are the same. We deal with both tax avoidance and tax evasion cases, and address a multitude of different issues relating to the activities of companies, individuals and trusts, both in the UK and overseas.
As a trainee in the Tax Dispute Resolution department, you will work closely with senior members of the team to deliver our range of services. You will gain understanding of and experience in tax investigation work by assisting with voluntary disclosures, complex enquiries and the process involved in achieving a satisfactory negotiated settlement between the client and HMRC. You can expect a great variety of challenging work and constant new experience. The practical experience gained through your client work will serve to reinforce and enrich the specialist tax knowledge that you gain through your professional studies.
In this role you will be studying towards the CTA qualification.
- Assist with the preparation of disclosure reports, including all computational aspects, for submission to HMRC, reporting to senior members of the team.
- Collate and analyse relevant documentation and information to assist senior members of the team to identify matters for further investigation.
- Present and produce high quality schedules and appendices for inclusion in the disclosure report.
- Accompany senior members of the team to meetings with clients and/or HMRC and assist with the preparation for and follow-up from such meetings, as required.
- Assist with general correspondence and administration (including billing) for client projects.
- Participate in marketing initiatives and support senior members on ad-hoc projects and department administration, as required.
Candidates must have, or be on course for the following grades (or international equivalent):
- A minimum 2.2 degree in any discipline;
- 3 A Levels at grades A*- C, excluding General Studies and Extended Projects
- A*- C at GCSE in Maths & English Language
We are looking for candidates who demonstrate strengths which are aligned to: Business Thinking, Collaborating, Innovation and Change, Communicating, Developing Self and Others & Decision Making.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's