Advisory Graduate - Tax Dispute Resolution
|Job Title:||Advisory Graduate - Tax Dispute Resolution|
|Salary:||19000 - 24000|
|Job Published:||May 02, 2018 14:50|
When a taxpayer faces a tax investigation from H M Revenue & Customs (‘HMRC’), or decides to make a voluntary disclosure, they turn to us for expert support.
An investigation will typically take place under HMRC’s Code of Practice 8 or 9, or through a voluntary disclosure from the client. However, no two investigations are the same. We deal with both tax avoidance and tax evasion cases, and address a multitude of different issues relating to the activities of companies, individuals and trusts, both in the UK and overseas.
As a trainee in the Tax Dispute Resolution department, you will work closely with senior members of the team to deliver our range of services. You will gain understanding of and experience in tax investigation work by assisting with voluntary disclosures, complex enquiries and the process involved in achieving a satisfactory negotiated settlement between the client and HMRC. You can expect a great variety of challenging work and constant new experience. The practical experience gained through your client work will serve to reinforce and enrich the specialist tax knowledge that you gain through your professional studies.
In this role you will be studying towards a relevant qualification.
Business Area Overview
- Assist with the preparation of disclosure reports, including all computational aspects, for submission to HMRC, reporting to senior members of the team.
- Collate and analyse relevant documentation and information to assist senior members of the team to identify matters for further investigation.
- Present and produce high quality schedules and appendices for inclusion in the disclosure report.
- Accompany senior members of the team to meetings with clients and/or HMRC and assist with the preparation for and follow-up from such meetings, as required.
- Assist with general correspondence and administration (including billing) for client projects.
- Participate in marketing initiatives and support senior members on ad-hoc projects and department administration, as required.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Associate/Assistant Manager, Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS), Nicosia, Cyprus
0 - 0
16000 + Study
ACA Graduate Trainee Accountant
Graduate ACA/Level 7 Apprenticeship
Graduate Trainee Accountant (ACA)