BDO Early In Career
15 days ago
BDO Business Services & Outsourcing (BSO) provides companies with a range of accounting, advisory and compliance services to support their growth and changing requirements within the UK and around the globe. Global Outsourcing is part of the BSO stream.
The Global Outsourcing team in Bristol is involved in both delivering independent reviews of annual service charge expenditure and also the provision of international accounting services to clients across a number of sectors.
A Trainee Accountant’s role will primarily involve working closely with and supporting senior members within the team and assisting in the timely delivery of services. Trainees will work across both of the service lines in Bristol (Service Charge Accounting and Global Business Services) in line with business requirements and to get a breadth of experience.
Within the Service Charge team, the trainee accountant will be responsible for the preparation of Independent Accountant’s Reports and review of service charge expenditure for a large number of properties managed by our clients, many of whom are leading players in the property management sector.
Within Global Business Services, the trainee accountant will work as part of a team to ensure all client deliverables are met for each project, delivering outsourced accounting services to a range of clients who either have international operations or are in the process of undertaking international expansion in a range of sectors including real estate, financial services, technology and pharmaceutical.
BDO offer the globally recognised Association of Chartered Accountants (ACA) qualification as a Level 7 apprenticeship programme, enabling individuals to become qualified chartered accountants and member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW). The ACA qualification and apprenticeship provides a broad range of accounting, finance and business skills. It opens a wealth of opportunities. The duration of this programme is 36 months.
Business Area Overview
Service Charge Accounting
• Reviewing client responses and following up on outstanding issues by phone and email
• Preparation of statement of service charge expenditure
• Preparation of independent accountants’ reports
• Preparation of client required schedules – both internal and those to be issued with draft reports
• Liaising with clients as needed, dealing with issues which may arise, escalating to senior/manager as required
• Work in accordance with agreed KPIs
Global Business Services
• Posting of purchase invoices and payments into accounting systems and assisting with preparation of monthly management accounts
• Assisting with the review and processing of monthly payroll and employee expenses
• Set up of client payments on banking systems
• Assist with the preparation of month management accounts
• Liaising with BDO offices overseas
• Work in accordance with tight client reporting timescales
• Providing a point of contact for the client
• Act as a responsible representative of the firm in all dealings with the client
• Identify and understand client needs, communicating and agreeing these with the senior and the manager
• Rigorous project and financial management on all accounting work
• Day to day contact with all members of the team and wider firm so that strong working relationships are developed
• Acting as a responsible member of the team, providing support, development and guidance to other members of the team
• Actively seeking self-development feedback
• Producing work for senior and manager review which requires little further input, clearly highlights issues and provides potential solutions to issues identified
• Successfully study towards your professional qualification and, where relevant, corresponding apprenticeship
Candidates must have, or be on course for the following grades (or international equivalent):
•A minimum 2.2 degree in any discipline;
•3 A Levels at grades A*- C, excluding General Studies and Extended Projects
•Grade 9-4 in English Language & Maths GCSE
We are looking for candidates who possess strengths that are aligned to: Business Thinking, Collaborating, Innovation and Change, Communicating, Developing Self and others, Decision Making, Reasoned judgement, and Analytical skills.
BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
BDO LLP operates in 17 locations across the UK, employing 5000 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. BDO LLP has revenues of £590m and is the UK member firm of the BDO International network. The BDO global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 80,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide. It has revenues of $9bn.
BDO gives trainees all the training they need to attain their professional qualifications, along with extensive practical experience that includes on-site client work. The firm provides constant support to help you achieve your potential.
'Achieving My Potential’ is BDO’s organisational framework. It is made up of 4 key elements – core competencies, technical competencies, values and attitude. In essence, what you do and how you do it.