Assistant Consultant - Government & Infrastructure Financial Advisory
|Job Title:||Assistant Consultant - Government & Infrastructure Financial Advisory|
|Salary:||22000 - 36000|
|Job Published:||May 27, 2021 16:34|
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR CV AND COVERING LETTER TO APPLY
PLEASE ALSO CONFIRM YOUR RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK FOR A CONTINUOUS PERIOD
As demand for public sector services grow, so does the need for the providers of these services to develop and enhance their infrastructure. Asteros Advisers help our clients identify where they should best invest their scarce capital resources and we then help to structure, develop and procure their new facilities, equipment or services.
We advise on projects within the new energy, care, health, local government, charity and central government sectors and our clients include the public sector sponsors of these projects as well as private sector deliverers. Typically, our services are employed where the public sector wishes to develop its facilities with the involvement of private sector expertise, private sector finance or private sector deliverers and the commercial arrangements governing the partnering of public and private sectors can be very beneficial to both parties and are often complex.
Role and Responsibilities
As a Trainee Adviser, you will undertake a three-year programme that combines structured training, work experience and on-the-job coaching to provide you with a lasting foundation for your career with us. Whilst you will receive close support from our senior team, you should expect to be undertaking work for our clients from the start of your appointment and will assume a degree of autonomy and responsibility soon after joining us.
You will be involved in the entire ‘life-cycle’ of our advisory engagements including:
- Administration Activities: Assisting the directors in the administration of Asteros Advisers. Examples of tasks might include client due diligence, client reporting, raising invoices, updating the web-site,
- Sales Activities: Researching prospective and existing clients, investigating potential new sectors, developing new service offerings and direct marketing to potential clients
- Bidding for Work: Assisting in the preparation of proposals to bid for new work, attendance at selection interviews and responding to clarifications
- Delivery of Work: Supporting and ultimately leading on the delivery of work to clients including attending client meetings, delivering workshops, providing verbal and written advice, writing reports and advice letters, preparing business cases, financial modelling, liaising with other advisers on projects, project management.
- Providing Training: Preparation of training materials for clients or the Asteros Team, researching topics and delivering training.
You will be required to attend accountancy training at an accredited accountancy college. We will release you from work so that you attend during your working week and we will provide you with study leave to study for and sit exams. There is an expectation that you will pass your exams. We will provide other formal accredited training as necessary, for instance on project management, IT and preparing business cases.
If you are creative, driven, confident and analytical with strong interpersonal skills, you should relish this opportunity and thrive in our new business. You will have the opportunity to develop and grow as we do and will have a great grounding for your future career.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Candidates must have, or be on course for the following grades (or international equivalent):
- Minimum 2:2 undergraduate degree in any discipline
- 3 A Levels at grades A* - C
- Grade 9-5 in English Language & Maths GCSE
We are looking for candidates who possess strengths that are aligned to business thinking, collaborating, innovation and change, communicating, developing self and others, decision making, reasoned judgement and analytical skills. Strong Microsoft Excel skills are highly desired, but not essential.
The role will be hugely varied and our Trainee Advisers will need to enthusiastically embrace a constant stream of new challenges. You will rarely feel in your comfort zone, and this should be something that excites you rather than causes you concern. Application of your existing knowledge and skills to solving new problems should come naturally and you should have a good instinct about when you are comfortable to provide advice and when you need to refer back to more experienced members of the team. You will need to be comfortable communicating to groups of people and should be able to interact with clients in a way that gives them confidence in you.
About Asteros Advisers
Asteros Advisers Ltd is a company established in April 2019 by the Partner and Directors of the Infrastructure Advisory Team previously operating within the Advisory Practice of the Accountancy firm BDO LLP.
The team is a senior advisory team that has worked on projects across a range of public sectors and has extensive experience in providing financial and commercial advice to clients in local government, education, emergency services, health, waste, housing, defense, central government, charities as well as the private sector.
We have had a very successful initial two years and are expanding our services and our team. Asteros will provide our trainees with all the training needed to attain their professional qualifications, along with extensive practical experience that includes on-site client work. Whilst our trainees will assume significant autonomy and responsibility in relation to their work, our experienced team will provide constant support to help you achieve your potential.
Our core services include:
- Feasibility studies, option appraisals and (Treasury Green Book compliant) business cases to support investment decision making: We are experts in preparing public sector business cases using best practice Treasury Green Book guidance
- Joint Ventures, Strategic Estate Partnerships and Local Asset Backed Vehicles: We are a leading expert in the procurement and operation of strategic partnerships to deliver services and infrastructure in the Local Government and Health & Social Care sectors.
- Whole Life appraisals of Energy Infrastructure: We are at the forefront of the development of heat networks within the UK. This is a key element of the Government’s efforts to decarbonize heat in the UK.
- Secondary market sales and refinancing of projects: We provide assurance at the highest levels to demonstrate the value for money that is achieved from refinancing a project. Our team are experts in advising on project finance and PPP deals.
- Financial model build and data book preparation/validation: We are expert at building financial models to support decision making and to support external due diligence and review on behalf of funders.
- Funding competitions and Project Information Memoranda: We have access to all the key funders along with a database of specialist funders in specific sectors, ranging from short-term private investors to long-term pension funds and secondary market investors. As project finance specialists we are also able to advise on how non-recourse finance should be structured. We produce detailed financial models that demonstrate the different types of funding and availability of cash to meet repayments.
- Procurement and commercial advisory support: Our team have worked for many years bridging the gap between public and private sector organisations. We have advised on and supported our clients through complex EU compliant procurements.
Asteros Clients include:
New Energy: Aecom, Triple Point Heat Networks, Vattenfall, Beverley Council, Bridgend Council, Thames Marine Services
Secondary Markets & Fundraising: London Borough of Southwark, Blackburn with Darwen Council, Derby City Council, Newbury College
Health: Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Trust, Wiltshire CCG, The Tavistock & Portman HNS Foundation Trust, West Hertfordshire NHS Trust, Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust, NHS Frimley Health Foundation Trust, Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust
Extra Care / Charity: Abbeyfield South Downs
Local Government: North Lanarkshire Council, London Borough of Southwark, Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council, Derby City Council
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
KPMG 2022 Deal Advisory Graduate Programmes
20000 - 22000
KPMG 2022 Tax One Year Business Placements
KPMG 2022 Technology Audit Graduate Programme
KPMG 2022 Audit Graduate Programmes