Assistant Financial Accountant
|Job Title:||Assistant Financial Accountant|
|Salary:||24000 - 27000|
|Contact Name:||Jemma Sanderson|
|Job Published:||July 21, 2021 12:07|
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Financial Accountant. This role would suit someone who is currently studying for AAT Level 4 or ACA/ACCA.
We are transforming our business through improved processes, flexible ways of working and a greater use of technology to make a difference to our customers and our people. We are developing super-talented people in our business to be the best; we want to create a great place to work and grow a business we are committed to and feel proud of. We are committed to doing the right things and doing them right; we care about our impact on the environment and are driven on giving back to society. We are determined to keep our business performance health to enable prosperity for all of us.
This role and the role holder are integral to our success.
The part you’ll play in achieving our transformation will be in assisting in the improvements of our controls and reporting to a best of class standard.
- Uphold an environment that puts people’s health, wellbeing and safety and engagement at the forefront.
- Embed corporate social responsibility (CSR) into yours and your teams’ ways of working.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations with regards to both judgemental and technical accounting areas.
- Assist with the preparation of the balance sheet, cashflow and working capital budgets/forecasts.
- Assist with the investigation and correction of balance sheet accounts, putting through corrective entries as appropriate.
- Assist with improvements to accounting processes eg. stock, FX, leases etc.
- Liaise with the external and internal auditors.
- Assisting internal and external auditors in the evaluation of Belron® UK Limited control environment.
- Assist with completion of external reporting including but not limited to FCA returns, ONS, PSA and insurance returns.
- Assist in the preparation of statutory accounts for the main trading entity and all related dormant entities.
- Deputise with support as part of your development.
- Working on ad-hoc projects in line with company’s strategy and growth plans.
So, what are we looking for?
- Trainee Accountant (AAT, ACCA, or ACA)
- Proven experience of dealing with internal and / or external auditors
- Keen eye for detail with an ability to work to strict deadlines
- Excellent skills in the use of Word and Excel
- Self-starter, driven and wanting to learn
- Generous bonus scheme related to company performance
- Up to 15% pension contributions – based on employee contribution of 5%
- 28 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Discounted shopping vouchers
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's