32,500 + benefits
25 days ago
Assistant Financial Accountant (Trainee)
North Acton - London
Acton Support Centre (123)
Our passion at Currys is helping everyone enjoy the latest tech. We’re proud of the service levels we provide for our customers – online, in-store or in their homes. And it’s all down to our people, 30,000+ capable and committed colleagues, learning together, growing together, making us amazing and celebrating the wins.
As Assistant Financial Accountant, you will play a key role in the external financial reporting across the Group. This will include the Interim and Annual Report, ensuring preparation and disclosure is to the highest quality. You will gain exposure to technical accounting matters such as implementation of new standards and disclosures, performing research and ensuring these are applied consistently across the Group, and preparing relevant analysis of accounting issues for the Accounting and Control team. You will study towards your ACA qualification and apply the knowledge gained to your role.
As part of this role, you’ll be responsible for:
- Involvement in the Annual Report and Interim Report
- Preparing technical analysis and disclosure of Group accounting issues such as impairment
- Assisting with the implementation of new accounting standards and disclosures across the Group
- Maintaining the Group accounting manual as the need arises and ensure that all policies are adhered to across the Group
- Preparation of subsidiary statutory financial statements
- Assisting with corporate restructurings and dividend flows
You will need:
- Strong academic record with a Degree from a reputable university.
- A willingness to work towards the ACA qualification (part-qualified ACA candidates will also be considered)
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong IT skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
We know our people are the magic ingredient in our success. That’s why we reward you with benefits that go deeper than just the day-to-day. Benefits that work for you, your lifestyle and your career.
Beyond that, we’ll be with you every step of the way, enabling you to get the most out of your role, grow your skills your way, and see your career develop in the way you want. Be part of our talented Finance team and unbox your passion at the UK’s best-known retailer in tech.